August 31, 2023

Monday Kitchen Production...


Monday was a perfect day for a little pressure canning. We had taken three big round steaks out of the freezer for just this purpose over the weekend. After they'd refrigerator thawed they were ready to prep. 

I pulled out my pressure canning book and made a chili spice blend while handsome trimmed the meat. It didn't take long after that to heat up the meat, add spice to each of our prepared jars, and then fill ll with meat and the broth it created. 

We ate dinner while we tended the canner to be sure it maintained the correct pressure, and now we have five lovely pints of chili meat, ready for a quick fall or winter meal. 

We've picked more ripe tomatoes, so they'll be on the agenda again very soon. Don't you just love this time of year? I sure do. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious!
    Fall is definitely in the air.
    It's my favorite season. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do miss preserving things - that's one drawback of apartment life. Oh well, I get to live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious - is not preserving food a wonderful experience!! Have a great holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry of createology: Donna Dear you rival Martha Stewart with your pantry provisions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious. Oh yes Fall, could it be just around the corner?
    Actually we have Fall today and tomorrow, next week is a completely different story.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna