August 26, 2023

I'm Taking Another Class...

I've learned many techniques from my friend, Clara Warschauer already, but I really wanted to take this class from her. I'll be learning more of her tricks during a two session Zoom class in September. 

These are Clara's goldwork fish in the photo, but we'll only be doing one. Hers shown here are finished as a framed piece, however what we'll do in the class will be to create a brooch. I'm really looking forward to the class, as well as showing you my finished Koi fish brooch at the end of the class.

I baked and canned yesterday, and will finish up pears today. The weather has cooled down so it's comfortable for working in the kitchen, and the warmer weather has helped ripen more tomatoes. What I didn't turn into salsa yesterday, I froze to make pizza sauce at a later date.

It's going to be a busy, busy week next week, so I'm trying to get ahead while I can. I'll tell you more about all that very soon. Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, those Koi fish are so pretty.
    Can't wait to see your brooch.
    Yes, it has cooled down & is more comfortable, for sure.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      This will be another fun project, and I'm looking forward to working on it. I'm much happier with the cooler weather. I don't do well with the sticky, hot temps. Hope you have a great week.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. oooh - so pretty! I wonder which colour you will be doing...hmmm, pondering....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I didn't get to choose my colors, but that's okay because I love what Clara chose for me. Once I finish that one, I have supplies to do many others, too!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Oh, I really like those 3 koi! Every time you take one of her classes and display a new beautiful creation, I have a hard time deciding which of the projects I like best! Looking forward to hearing about your busy, busy week....you never have busy weeks, so this is something new. 😉😆 You make me dizzy with your busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      I'm the same way. I love everything I'd done with Clara, but I think my favorite is the blue flowers that sparkle. I have mine framed and it hangs above my computer, where I can see it whenever I'm in the studio. It makes me smile, and I think I should do another in a different color. Then, there are so many other things I want to do, I guess I'd better wait a bit. I'll be sure to let you know what I'm doing all week.
      Thanks!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Lovely beaded tropical fish. Yours will be stunning dear. Rest Sunday ahead of your very busy week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I'd love to say I rested on Sunday, but I helped Handsome clean the garage so he'd help me put my latest project up on the porch (see Monday's post). Then I decided to do a little more canning. (I can't help myself!)
      Hope you have a wonderful week!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Every one of your weeks is a busy, busy week, it's exhausting for me.
    I just love Clara's work, the more you look at it the more you see.
    Looking forward to your creation, I know it will be amazing.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      My week is busy so far, but there will be a big "rest" plopped mid-week. I'll explain after Wednesday. I love everything Clara does. She's so talented. The fish will be great fun to make, and then I'm contemplating what I should do next. So many ideas!
      Hope you have a wonderful week, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna