August 18, 2023

Another Element...

 
Now that my pigments have arrived, I'll have lots of choices for potion colors when I start making more. It's hard to convey just how wonderful and saturated the colors are, but I know they're going to create some wonderful, swirling potions once I start playing with them!

I have an entire list written out so I don't forget one I want to make. Handsome and I are having a great time coming up with potions to make, and references to use on the labels taken from quotes in the movies. I can't help but laugh at some of them. After all, these are meant to be fun.

I'll be working on label designs today and will share some of those with you tomorrow. Hard to believe it's the weekend again - so soon. Where does the time go?

My garden continues to produce beautiful vegetables, so I'll likely be canning pizza sauce and/or salsa this weekend. I'm sure I'll sleep well every night, and will probably add afternoon "power naps" when I can. I love this time of year. How about you?

10 comments:

  1. Oooooo, I love all of those colors!
    Sounds like you are having so much fun with those Potions.
    Going to be very hot here again.
    Stay cool!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      It was such a beautiful day today. I spent quite a bit of time in the garden. I'm learning so much! (Like my tomatoes are too close together this year.) We always have a breeze at Hickory Hill Farm, so it wasn't too hot here at all. We'll see how the rest of the weekend goes. These colors really are wonderful!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I love that you are Handsome are working together on this creative endeavor... that makes it even more fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Oh, yes. We came up with another fun one today, in fact. I think I'll need some air dry clay to pull it off, though. hee hee
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. My magpie heart loves all those saturated colours! Can't wait to see what comes from your creative (and busy!) fingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I'm a magpie at heart, too. I love sparkly things. I'll share soon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Those pigments are sooooo beautiful and will add such fun to your potions. You and Handsome make such a good team working together. Enjoy your weekend dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I know you'd love them for painting, too! Thanks for noticing. We do make a great team.
      Hope your weekend is perfect, girlfriend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. What great colors. So nice that the two of you are having so much fun with this project.
    And yes, it's the weekend yet again and two weeks after your class reunion, how can that be?
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Time sure flies. I'm still giggling about events from the reunion. It was a real blast! I'm looking forward to sharing my potion bottles very soon.
      Best of weekends to you, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna