August 29, 2023

Tuesdays With Tag - So Disappointed...


Hi, Everybody!

Can you see the disappointment in my eyes? Things just didn't go as we'd planned. Here's the deal. Last week, Mom promised us that we'd all go to Lake Michigan to swim in the surf at the dog beach. Up until Friday it had been pretty toasty around here and she and Dad wanted to give us a break from the hot weather. That's when Mom suggested swimmin' dogs in the lake, and believe me, we were all on board.

Saturday, she made the cat house for those stoopid felines, and it had already started coolin' off. By Sunday, it was fairly chilly. Dad said he thought the water might be too cold for us, so we got put on hold. Truthfully, they didn't say a thing to us guys, and nobody asked how we felt about it. All I know is that I had my swim trunks packed, only to find out our big adventure to one of the big inland seas was cancelled. Caplooey!

 
To tell the truth, unless Mom has food in her mitts, I don't even want to look at her right now. All it took was for her to say, "Hey, Tag. Ya wanna go swimmin'?" and I was there! Instead, I got to spend the day listenin' to some bull ticky excuse. 

So, while everybody is hopin' the weather stays cool like this, I'm wonderin' if we can have just one more week of dog-kickin' heat so we can take our little road trip. One more week. Is that too much for a guy to ask? Well, is it?

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 
"Be A Good Dog."

5 comments:

  1. Don't worry Tag, you might get another warm day to swim.
    Summer isn't over yet!
    Mom & Dad are just keepin' you safe.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Tag - that's too bad! I'm sure Mom and Dad will come up with something else that's fun for you to do instead. I'm hoping for more warm weather too so maybe we'll both get our wish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tag, no concert, no beach, what could the third possibly be?
    The disappointment only lasts for a little while, cause you know that mom and dad will
    think of something even more special than that.
    I'm sure you'll be telling us about your next great adventure real soon.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Tag, I hope you get a bit more of that dog kickin' heat so you can go swimming or you could come out here to our southern Oregon beaches and go swimmin'!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna