August 14, 2023

August Craft Day...

 
Saturday was our August Craft Day, so I ran over to Portage to play with my girlfriends. This month was led by Marie (in the striped top) and Kim (on the right end of this lineup). We started with 8" tall wooden letters that we then embellished.
 
Some of the ladies used flowers, some used paint or decoupaged fancy papers to the front, some used vintage jewelry pieces to add a little bling. I think they all turned out great!

 
It was nice to take our photographs outdoors for a change. The ladies just laid these all out on the grass for a nice arrangement. They're all so different, reflecting the personalities of their creators.

 
This was mine...music paper background which I then embellished with pretty flowers. This was a simple, easy project that I completed in less than an hour (thanks to a blow dryer to hurry the ModPodge™ drying time).

 
I presented Miss Belle with her dragon brooch, too. She's a low key kinda gal, but she tell me how much she loved it, and I even got a hug! It was really fun to present it to her. I may make another someday just for fun.

Sunday was a busy day, but I'll save that for a post later this week. Tomorrow is Tag's turn. He can't wait to see you.


8 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun project.
    Glad Miss Belle liked the Dragon brooch.
    Looking forward to Tag's antics!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks so much! It was a fun day, and I was so happy Belle loved her dragon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Sherry of createology: Miss Belle looks like a very sweet young lady. I can see she loves her dragon. Great craft day. Your L is very elegant. Happy week ahead dear…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I think young Belle has a quiet elegance...at least every time I've been around her. She's very sweet. I am happy that she loved her dragon. We had a great time, and this was another fun project. Happy week to you, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Looks like another fun day with crafting friends and a great project too. So glad Miss Belle liked the dragon, something I'm sure she'll treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      It was, indeed. I hope she keeps her dragon forever, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. What a lovely project. You can tell that Belle was very pleased with her dragon.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      It was a fun day and project. It was a little hard to tell at first because Belle's so understated. She did come back and hug me shortly after and told me she loved it.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna