August 2, 2023

Farmhouse Kitchen...

 
A couple years ago, my nephew Dan came to the farmhouse and installed these shelves for me (us). They've served us well, but I found that I needed more storage close to the range so I went to (don't be surprised, now) Facebook Marketplace. I found a trio of cabinets that would serve my purposes well, so they came home with me.

Two of the three cabinets were installed on Monday, and I love how the installation turned out. I knew I wanted to paint them, but also loved the wood finish, so I made a compromise (for now). We'll live with the doors, as is for a while and we can always decide to paint them later.

Now, all my cooking oils and stove-side condiments are right at hand, and I've brought more of the London gray-green to this side of the kitchen. I realized that I need to purchase cabinet knobs that match the rest that are on the other side of the room, but these are find until I get the replacements.

There is a third cabinet, but that's going to be saved for the pantry. There are big changes coming in there in the next few months, but I'll share more on that another time. 

I still have screw/nails holes to patch and then repaint between the upper and lower cabinets. I'm also contemplating some sort of back splash for that area. I'm looking into that now and will let you know what we decide. For now, I'm much content and loving the new additions. 

What do you think? Do you like the natural wood doors or do they bother you? Go ahead and let me know what you think. 

16 comments:

  1. I think they are pretty as is, but then, I love green, and natural wood.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      We're leaming that way, too. I think it looks so friendly!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Personally, I love the natural wood doors, especially with the green! And all that enamelware! Swoon. Looks like a magazine. Makes me want to go whip up something from scratch in the kitchen. (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Handsome and I both LOVE them this way. Didn't know if they were too much with the white lowers (making for three different finishes in the kitchen), but we have the wood counters, so there's that to consider. I'm pretty sure they're going to stay this way. I just have to get matching knobs so it coordinates with the rest of them in the room. I actually made scratch chicken potpie and a rustic apple tart from our early windfalls last night. hee hee
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Good find on those cabinets! Personally I like the look of real wood but it depends on if it the doors blend with the other woods you have in the room. Fence sitter? Not I!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      lol It's quite alright. I wasn't sure to begin with, but I think they're going to stay like this. I really love the look now.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. I think it looks beautiful. You have the wood countertops so it is a good balance. A little color keeps the cozy kitchen feel. - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy:
      That's what we're thinking, too. I'm for keeping the wood doors, and Handsome likes natural wood more, too. I would have kept the cabinets wood, too, had I not had to make an adjustment for the crown molding that had to be removed, exposing bare wood - and the fact that not all surfaces were finished because it was part of a three piece set. I'm loving it like this, though. Thanks!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: I adore the new cabinets and set up. The colors and wood add warmth to your cooking area. Lovely Dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thanks so much. I don't see us painting the doors. I like the warm wood look, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. I like natural wood. Natural everything!

    I also like the open shelves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandi:
      Thanks! I love the natural wood, too. When we bought the farmhouse, all the woodwork was pine, painted a dark color. I couldn't stay with that, so we went with white. (That has it's drawbacks, too, with three dogs in the house.) I had to paint these cabinets because they were part of a trio of joined cabinets when I bought them, and the joined sides were unfinished. I didn't take a chance trying to match (and botch) the finish, so I went with the same paint we'd used on my other cabinet find for the room.That being said, I'm not going to paint the cabinet doors. I love the wood too much to hide it, and it goes really well with the hickory counters in the room. I'm a happy girl! Thanks for the feedback.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  7. Perfect as is. I love the combination and I especially love to see the wood grain.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thank you so much! We're going to leave it as is. I love that wood grain, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  8. I love the new cabinets. I think the wood doors look so pretty. The paint color is beautiful. I’m looking forward to seeing what you do to your pantry.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary!
      Thanks so much. We've been living with them since this post and it's now nearly two weeks later. We're going to keep the cabinet doors' wood finish, and I'm loving them more every day. I'm anxious to have the pantry done, too. It's going to be wonderful! Looking forward to sharing when we get the project started.
      Thanks for your note today.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna