August 8, 2023

Tuesdays With Tag - Summer Treats...

 
Hi, Everybody!
 
I was feelin' a little artsy-fartsy today, so I played with this picture of Carly and me with Dad for you to look at. We were just hangin' out on the porch and enjoyin' a little summer breeze.

It's been hot around this joint lately, so Mom pulled out a treat recipe she's gonna make for us this week. I don't have to tell you we're all lookin' forward to it! I thought I'd share the particulars with you, so here goes...

CORGI BUTTS DOGGIE ICE CREAM
recipe found on CorgiButts blog (link below)
 Yield: 1 ice cube tray of ice cream

Ingredients
16 oz. plain yogurt
1 banana
2 tablespoons peanut butter
a handful of frozen or fresh blueberries (optional) 
 
Mash the first three ingredients together until smooth and then stir in the blueberries.
Scoop mixture into ice cube trays and freeze. Microwave a few second before serving,
or let sit out to soften a bit if you don't have a microwave. You can also add honey, if desired.
 
original link: http://corgibutts.blogspot.com/2010/07/how-to-beat-summer-heat.html
 
Mom said she thinks this might even be a tasty people treat, but Bella, Carly and I are hopin' it's just for us. I mean, we don't eat their ice cream. Seems only fair that these should be for dogs only!

Just to add a little excitement around here, Miss Carly Pants has come in heat. She won't be bred this time, so there's that, but even so. Her comin' in makes for more than a little inconvenience for a house dog. I have no interest in her (at least not yet), and Mom and Dad are hopin' it stays that way. Mom said it's the last thing they need - me chasin' after her, even though I can't "do any damage". Whatever that means.

My only interest right now is these ice cream treats, so I hope Mom gets a move on and makes 'em today or tomorrow. Now that we know they're gonna be a thing, we're anxious to pop one (or three) down the ol' hatch!

Hope you've got somethin' cold and tasty in your future, too. Everyone should have a cool treat when it's hot outside.
 
I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 
"Be A Good Dog."

8 comments:

  1. That picture looks so cool!
    I hope you all enjoy the treays!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      I'm tappin' my teeny paw. She better make some today, is all I gotta say!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. Great picture! And those treats - awww Tag, can you share, please? I'd like to try one because they sound great for peoples too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      She hasn't made 'em yet. She said she's gettin' blueberries when she goes out today. Weeeee'reeee waitin'! She's been too busy bakin' bread and gluten-free stuff. I'm not in the mood to share with people today, unless you show up!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Tag I just know your ice cream treats are gonna be yummy. I think I will make some for hubby and me. I love popsicles when it is hot. Poor Carly…no fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      I'll let you know as soon as she makes 'em. She's been slackin' off the last couple days, what with bakin' for Dad, and then our grandson showin' up. About Carly...yep. I'm startin' to notice now. sigh
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. I really like the artsy-fartsy picture.
    I hope you each get your own tray of treats, they sound delicious.
    I hope your mouth is doing good and I hope Bella is doing well
    with her 'issues' also. Sounds like it's Carly's turn now, poor girl.
    Enjoy those treats.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Shirley:
      Thanks for askin' about my mouth. Seems to be held at bay for the time bein'. Mom said the treats might give me a jolt if that one tooth is still sensitive, but I told her she could melt mine first, just be be careful. Bella's doin' real good. I mean she's not tryin' to kill me or anything anymore! Carly gets goofier when she's in heat, so it's a real party these days. I'll keep you posted.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna