August 17, 2023

Ready To Play...

My studio is clean again, so now I can play. I pulled an assortment of charms that I'll be using soon on my latest artsy endeavor...the potions bottles. I'll have everything from Phoenix Tears to Acromantula Venom, and Love Potions and Giggle Juice to Liquid Sunshine. Of course, none of them are meant to be ingested - or even opened. I seal the bottles well before I start playing around with the exterior design of the bottle.

I have a little time to play before the pears and my tomatoes are ripe enough to can, so this will be something I can complete or come back to as time permits. I'm waiting for a few supplies to arrive yet, but as soon as they're here, you'll find me playing with bottles and trims, and I'll definitely debut the bottles soon.

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see these.
    Love that Phoenix .
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I loved it, too. Alas, they only had the one, so I'll need to locate more. It appears it's caught everyone's eye.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Those purely creative projects that are filled with imagination can be so much fun!! We'll all look forward to the playful and pretty results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      I think that's why I'm enjoying making them so much! Something completely different, but still massively creative for me. Thanks so much!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. These should be so much fun to create. I'd love to do a Harry Potter one for our oldest grandie but he's still of an age where I know he would try to open it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      One of the things I'm doing is gluing the bottles to the tops before I use the wax, just to make sure I've done my best to prevent opening - accidental or intentional. Little kids would surely try to open them. They're going to come with a warning card for curious adults, too. Handsome and I are having a blast coming up with the label ideas. Can't wait to make more and share.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: These charms are awesome. You will have so much fun playing with your potion bottles. I look forward to the reveals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Aren't they wonderful, though? I'm looking forward to making more in the next few days. Can't wait to share - especially since I have no idea what they'll actually look like until I start playing. hee hee
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Great charms, the Phoenix is my favorite.
    As always looking forward to seeing the finished project.
    You never disappoint.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      That Phoenix is a beautiful, big one, for sure! I could only find one that day, but will be looking for more soon. I'm looking forward to playing, and will share what I come up with.
      Thanks, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna