August 7, 2023

The Big Night Came and Went...

Reunion night finally arrived! We  all had a blast. I've been getting messages in our classmate group or on my own page on Facebook, and all of them are complimentary.

This photograph was taken later in the evening. We had grade school groups from each of the schools gather, and this is ours. These are all students who shared the same classes, became friends and went on to junion and senior high school together. We've been friends since as early as 1961. My BFF, Cyd is in the yellow shirt, and as usual, I wasn't too far away from her in our school photos. (Why change a tradition now?)

 
Our whole committee gathered Saturday morning to decorate. Our Decorating Committee members really outdid themselves. Most of the planning committee was there to help, along with a few others who just came to help. We had individual floral arrangements, candles and "remember when" cards on every table. We even had an archway for everyone to pass through that night. Here! Take a look around.

Look at how they outdid themselves on the entrance to the venue! People felt welcome from the moment they headed toward the front doors. We had two registration tables set up, and each classmate received a current printed classmate directory and a class mug that we had produced by 4Imprint. People were surprised and impressed.

 
My decorating committee worked overtime to create a welcoming and beautiful atmosphere. By the time folks started to arrive, the candles were lit, '70s music filled the venue, and people were ready to party.

 
Every table in the entire venue was decorated. We had two cash bars, and even those had decorations. It really was so pretty by the time people started to arrive.

Nearly three hundred people attended and there was plenty of room for more. The pep band performed, and they were a big hit. They made their exciting entrance, playing as they marched in from the hallway. Lots of grins and people were surprised and happy to hear the performance.

 
This is the last photograph I'll share. My friend, Julie - in front - is holding a print of all the students who went on the senior trip to Washington, DC. We decided to take a photo of the group members who were at the reunion. 

Take special notice of the couple in the back. They fell in love on that trip. They were married after graduation and have made a happy life together all these years. I made sure to say, "I knew you when..." and we had a great conversation afterward.

All in all, the classmate assessment was that this was a rip, roaring success! I'm so happy that I was a small part of that. Our goal to have a memorable event worthy of our class, and I think that was achieved. Now, I'm going to take a nap...again. lol

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time was had by all.
    The decorations are awesome.
    Congrats on all of our hard work to set this up.
    Mairlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Feedback from the attendees has been overwhelmingly positive. Seems everyone had a blast. It was worth every second we spent in meetings or working so that our class would have a memorable 50th. My team was awesome and I owe it all to them.
      Thanks, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Aww, your pictures and posts make me wish I had been part of that class! Happy for you and your classmates to have had such a fine evening and wonderful memories to enjoy! Now, relax a little this week... if you know the meaning of the word (-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      I wish everyone could have been there. We'll all fondly remember it for a long, long time. I'm taking it easy this week. I have a few things to do, but mostly recuperate. I'll force myself, if I have to. lol Thanks!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Looks like everyone had a grand time and the venue looked so festive. Well done, to you and your committee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MA:
      We really did have fun. The decorating committee outdid themselves. I owe our success to a fabulous team. We worked together like a well-oiled machine. They all deserve a good rest now.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Donna this entire venue looks wonderful! You and your committee have done such a great job. Everyone looks happy and smiling. The Pep band was the unexpected of the night. Congratulations Dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      The whole class was on their feet when the kids performed. They were well received...especially when we all sang to our school song. The manager of the venue said our event was, by far, the classiest they've had there. High praise, indeed.
      Thanks, dear!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. The venue looks wonderful.
    Congratulations to you and your committee so well done and thought out.
    Sure looks like everyone had a great time.
    What a weekend to remember.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thanks so much. Our decorating committee really went above and beyond. I wish you could have seen it in person. My photos really don't do it justice. We've had positive feedback from everyone, which is very rewarding. I think we'll all remember it for a long time to come.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna