April 1, 2022

Snow Day Stitching...

I'm Getting There

I sat at the embroidery hoop yesterday, and I can see my progress now. I'm reminded of the story where someone was asked if it's possible to eat an elephant. The answer was yes...one bite at a time. (Sorry for the visuals.)

So, I'm looking at this project as equivalent to eating an elephant. A little at a time, and the next thing you know, I'll be finished. I can't say whether I'm a quarter finished or less, because I still don't know how I'm going to finish this. A circular frame would be the easiest (and least amount of background stitching necessary), but turning it into a cushion would be nice, too.

Do you think this should finish as a circle or as a square? I'm open to suggestions. I still have time to finish it in multiple ways. Let me know what you think.

I'm not going to stitch today. I'm going to be listing up fabrics for my shop, and there might be a little cookie baking in the schedule, too. I'm giving my hands a rest. I was right about the weather change. I went to bed on Wednesday to mild weather and no white stuff. I woke up to something akin to a blizzard! We couldn't see the road, driveway or a blade of grass. I said a lot of naughty words.

I'm hoping Mother Nature has got this out of her system now. Like Tag, I've had enough of winter, and am ready to welcome spring. Any day now would suit me just fine, thank you. 

Be wary, friends. It's April Fools Day!

6 comments:

  1. I think it would make a beautiful pillow.
    We woke up to snow also, it snowed off & on almost all day.
    It's supposed to be Spring!
    This must be Mother Nature's April Fool's joke.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      No kidding! I agree. Mother Nature's April Fool's joke!
      Thanks for your vote for a pillow.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I would be saying naughty words too (actually I am - because it's snowing here this morning, but at least it's not a blizzard).
    IF you want my vote, I'd vote for a circle which could then either be framed or made into a pillow...or if you could find a small wooden footstool??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Then, you know exactly how we felt! I'm leaning toward a circular shape, too. Thanks for your ideas for framed or pillow. I'm not sure I can find the round footstool, but it's worth a look!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. My preference would be a round pillow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie, dear!
      I appreciate your preference for the pillow.
      Happy Weekend,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna