April 29, 2022

Goodbye, Sweet Friend...

My Dearest Krisann

 

I woke up yesterday to news that my dear friend, Krisann had passed. I had just turned on my cell phone, and fell into my bedroom chair, stunned to read the news. 

If you've followed my blog for any period of time, you'll know that Krisann and I became friends through Project Linus when we both lived in Florida. She and I then joined the Tuesday evening Paneras group, and spent a lot of time together. We used to joke that I was no longer one of the younger members of the group. She was the "kid".

She was Mom to Nathan, and at that time, wife to Tim. Tim is the one who sent the message to me. They had divorced years ago, and he had since remarried. After a series of sad events, Krisann had moved back to her home state of Massachusetts, and fallen in love with a great guy. 

We kept in touch via phone or FaceTime, and always shared a laugh and family news. I think I last spoke with her about two months ago, and just a few days ago, I'd added some crochet goodies (books and fibers) to a pile to send off to her. She had send a box of lovely gifts to me around my birthday. 

She started calling me "650" when we lived in Florida. I asked her why. Her reply was simply, "650 is DCL (my initials) in Roman numerals." Clever girl! The best I could do was call her "KA". 

Krisann had a wicked sense of humor, and a huge heart. She was a massage therapist with a gift for healing, and she frequently grew her beautiful dark hair to a healthy, long length, just so she could cut it all off and donate to Locks of Love. 

She was a bright light, extinguished much too soon. I thought about her and spoke with her all day yesterday. I cried. This was sudden, unexpected, and painful for all who loved her and are left behind.

I contacted many of our mutual friends to let them know she was gone. Friends who'd moved back to their home states and would have no way to know otherwise. The calls were cathartic as we talked about her, and then, through her, were able to catch up with each other's lives. Even in her passing, she shared a gift with each of us - the reminder to keep in touch, and tell each other how we feel about each other.

I'm going to miss her, but I know she rests in the arms of our Savior. I pray that she'll find the peace that so cruelly eluded her here on earth. 

Goodbye, sweet friend. Until I see you again...

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Donna.
    Prayers.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Marilyn. It was so incredibly sad. I appreciate your prayers.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss! Prayers that the pain from the heartache will be replaced with joy from the memories of your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Lois.
      I'm sure her family and boyfriend are devastated. We'll pray for healing for all of them as they grieve.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry - my sympathy to you and to all those whose lives she touched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, dear MA.
      Your condolences are much appreciated.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology…My deepest condolences to you Donna and those who knew her. She will be such a wonderful Angel watching over all who loved her. Keep her memories close and may they bring you Peace and Comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, sweet Sherry.
      I'm praying her soul is finally at peace. I loved her and will miss hearing her on the other end of the "line". I won't forget her kind heart. That will help chase the sadness. I feel so bad for her family and boyfriend. I'm sure they're completed bereft. I'll be praying extra hard for them.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna