April 25, 2022

Craft Day Creations…

More Crafted Hoops (l-r: me, Linda, Deb, Marie, Kim, & Adrienne)
Saturday was another craft day in Portage. The weather was perfect for the drive over and back, and we had another fun day.

Adrienne had seen some other great hoop ideas, and we had hoops left over from last time, so we all got busy.

Deb, Cutting Up With Her Piece
I’ve known Deb (nickname “Derby”) since she dated Linda’s son decades ago. Like me with Mom Grace, Linda and Deb have remained close, even after her son broke up with his girlfriend. I’m sharing this picture of Deb because it perfectly captures her personality. I loved Deb years ago, and I love her still.

I left my hoop a bit understated because my plan is to add a goldwork insect to it in the near future. Perhaps it will be a ladybug, or just a small gold bug. I’ll decide when I’m ready to work on it.

I’m in charge of next month’s project. I already know what it will be, but you’ll have to wait to find out what we’ll be creating until the reveal photographs. 

I also made great progress on my Floral Wreath piece. More on that Wednesday. Tag will visit with you tomorrow. 

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun day!
    What a great idea for the hoops, they are all so very pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      It was fun. We had a homemade coffee cake and coffee to start, and then we got right to it. Truthfully, I'm all hooped out now. I'm gifting one to my eldest niece, and the second one, I'm going to add a goldwork ladybug to.
      I'm in charge of the next one. I can't wait to share my idea!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. It looks like another fun day and even better that you're introducing a wee one to crafting. It's never too early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I agree. I'd love to teach her needlework, because there are never enough of those, and it's a fine art we don't want to lose.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Crafternoons are so much fun with friends. Your hoops are lovely. I am most curious what you will be introducing to the group. Happy Stitching Dear. Back to Anonymous? Sherry of createology

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sherry:
      The ladies are really into the hoops, but I don't have places for mine as it is. I'm going to add a goldwork bug to my second one, and gift the first to my niece. My project will be competely different. I'll share it soon.
      As for the "anonymous" thing, I couldn't sign in on my iPhone or iPad last night. I'm finally on with my desktop computer, so I'm catching up on all my replies. Progress, right?
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna