April 20, 2022

New Inspiration…

 

“Goldwork” by Hazel Everett
I’ve told you before how much I love books. It pains me that most of ours are still in storage. Much of my goal for downsizing my sewing/fabric studios is to turn my fabric studio into a library/guest room. 

So, it should come as no great surprise that I had to have a goldwork book recommended by my current class instructor, Clara Warschauer. It arrived on Saturday, and I’ve had my nose buried in it since then.

Clara told our class that it’s her favorite book for this technique, and she shared a piece she’s created from the book (shown on the cover!). It’s beautiful. Once I’ve finished my wreath project, there’s a smaller piece inside that I’ll attempt. I have already added some of the supplies to my sewing box, so I’ll be able to get right to it. 

For now, I’ll keep my blinders on and my fingers busy with my “Everlasting” embroideries, and the floral wreath in goldwork. I think it’ll be worth the wait.

6 comments:

  1. That looks like an amazing book with gorgeous projects.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t wait to finish my current pieces so I can play in this book, Marilyn! The projects are beautiful.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Another book to put on my covet list even though I've never done goldwork and probably never will. Don't get me started on book collections....wandering off to look at mine.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, MA-
      I think bookshelves are on my “need” list. I’m missing all my books. 😉
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Donna this book looks wonderful and definitely very inspiring. Books on subjects we enjoy can get us excited. Hope you had a delightful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Debbie-
      Our Easter was lovely, thanks. You’re so right about books about our interests. I could get lost in them.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna