April 21, 2022

A Good Day To Bake…

 

Farmhouse Sandwich Bread

The weather was perfect for baking, and making something warm and delicious for dinner. 
I made and baked four beautiful loaves of farmhouse sandwich bread, and then, Handsome 
and I made a hearty beef stew together. 

As we sat down to dinner, the wind was howling against the farmhouse as it was bringing with it a driving rain. The dogs had been fed, the barn cats were fed, safe and warm in their beds, and the house smelled of warm bread and stew.

The changes in the weather make my hands hurt, so yesterday was better spent not stitching. I’ll try that again today. I’m not complaining. I truly love homekeeping and making delicious things for and with my husband. It was a good day. Today will be, too. Living a joyful and creative life.

6 comments:

  1. That bread looks delicious!
    The weather is still so strange.
    We have to enjoy our crafts on days like this.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's raining here this morning too and I'm on the same train with you over hurting hands. I've compounded the visitations from Arthur with eczema brought on by all the hand sanitizer use.
    I'm very happy to come here though and see that wonderful bread....I can almost smell it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA-
      Honey, I wish you could stop by for a slice and a Cuppa. We could commiserate. Hope you feel better.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna