April 4, 2022

Hot French Bread With Homemade Butter
Sunday was baking day this week. I knew I'd be making baby back ribs and twice baked potatoes for dinner, so why not have fresh French bread, too?

The house smelled so good, especially if you walked outside (say, to let the dogs run around a bit) and then came back in. MMMM mmmmm mmmmm

French Breads and Yellow Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
While I was at it, I thought a little cake might be in order. I turned on the oven during the last rise on the bread, so when the cake was finished baking, I just upped the temperature on the oven and popped in my loaves.

All the loaves shown are my recipe for French bread. I just formed two in pans (Handsome does love his morning toast, and these fit better), and two were baguette shaped. I'm still working on my technique for shaping them. 

I worked in the studio on Saturday, and really made some headway in cleaning out "areas of concern". lol I managed to move over 22 items out for March as part of my Declutter Challenge, too. How did you do?

Tag will be back tomorrow. I'll see you again on Wednesday, and we all hope you have a great week. Toodles.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great meal.
    The bread looks delicious!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      It really was. We even cut into this loaf of bread while it was still steaming. Can you believe the cruddy white mess we had this morning? ugh. This can stop already!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Mmmmmm indeed! Fresh bread is THE best and all those lovely accompaniments sound delish too. For me the bread would be the main event though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bread looks so good!!! Fresh bread and the smell of it is great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marit:
      We almost never cut it while it's still hot, but we just couldn't resist this time.
      Hot...crispy on the outside...soft on the inside. It was luscious. Wish I could have shared.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Oh how delicious your kitchen must have smelled. Everything looks so yummy. My husband loves a good Sunday dinner and somehow I almost always fail. For me Sunday dinner is after church and time with family…neither of which we do! I did the 22 de-clutter for March and went way beyond 22 items. I also helped a friend de-clutter her closet and she donated over 150 pieces of clothing! Whew!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      First...AWESOME!!! You did it, and your friend is obviously an over-achiever. Good on her! Second...I haven't done a bona fide Sunday dinner since January when the kids were all here. I decided to cook for us yesterday, and it was so appreciated. Handsome is always so complimentary. It was worth the time.
      Happy Week, dear friend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna