April 13, 2022

Retreat…


Name Tags and Room Key

I arrived safely at the Primitive Gatherings Retreat House Monday afternoon. Upon check-in, I was handed my name tags for the week, and my room key. I grabbed my luggage and turned down the hall to the guest rooms. 
Hallway To The Guest Rooms
Above each guest room hangs a quilt block sign. There’s also a room number, but it’s easy enough to just match your key fob to the sign above your door. (We’re the last room on the left, next to the beautiful, big dresser.)

My Bed Is Next To The Window

Once inside the room, we found comfortable beds, covered in vintage quilts (which are all for sale. Prices are on the back of each entry door.) Our room looks out over a small pond, the chicken coop, the resident sheep (Sundrop and Soda Pop), and the site of the cafeteria chef’s future garden. You can see my “swag bag” on my bed.
My Guest Gifts

Inside my bag I found a wool sheep pincushion, a pattern exclusive to Retreat House guests, a roll of wool pieces, a quilt-themed spiral notebook, a PG 2022 patch and keychain, and a ball of Valdani thread. There was also a gift certificate to spend in the shop. (I’d show it to you, but I spent it on wool already.)
Lisa Bongean During Show & Tell

Regularly scheduled Sit & Stitch was yesterday, so there were 49 people attending. We got to see what everyone was working on, and got to meet new people. I worked on the lavender corners on my Everlasting quilt. 
My Lavender Embroidery

It’s not complete yet, but taking a picture to share shows me where I need to do a little more work. I know I won’t finish the quilt top before I leave on Thursday, but I’m going to do my best. More photos tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a pretty venue!
    Great goodies you received.
    Your Lavender is so pretty.
    Have a great time!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      It is wonderful. It's got me thinking about a single story "barndominium" instead of the farmhouse. Of course, that would involve a building project and moving. Then, I go lie down until the urge passes. lol
      Thanks!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Looks like an amazing place just filled with guilty inspiration and a goodie bag that's filled with even more. Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! (hah hah) I just returned to see if you'd replied to this comment and realized what I had written (proofread, MA, proofread!!!!). My oops was 'an amazing place just filled with GUILTY inspiration' when I meant to say 'QUILTY'!!!! Mind you, if you ended up spending too much at the shops then I suppose you could be dealing with some guilt. (wandering off now, shaking head....)

      Delete
    2. Hi MA:
      You're hilarious. It works either way. lol Don't fret. I wander around shaking my head every day. hee hee It is, indeed, an amazing place. Makes me want a single story barndominium myself. (Ceilings not so high, though.) Oh, well...
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I have never been to a retreat for creative enjoyment however this one looks like heaven. Love the complete package from room key to room and your swag bag goodies. Your lavender corner is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      It was lovely, albeit a bit pricey. It was $500 for three nights and four days...meals included. My only complaint was that we were served soup every single lunch. I was sick of soup...especially the one with kale. I didn't eat that. Not a fan. My favorite part was being able to spend time with friends in a great venue.
      Thanks!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna