April 18, 2022

Two Down, Two To Go…

 

“Everlasting” Quilt - My Version - Corner Embroideries 
I’m sharing embroidery progress on my version of Primitive Gatherings “Everlasting” quilt. I managed to complete two corners during our Sewcial Sisters’ retreat. 

Corner Two Complete
I already shared my first corner last week, so here’s Corner Two. I drew a bouquet on paper with a Sharpie. Then I traced it in pencil onto my fabric. I’m only drawing  a sketch of the stems and then fleshing them out with lavender blooms as I go. Just as in nature, no two plants are exactly the same, so I’m free to embellish as I please.

I’ll work on the upper corners soon, and will show you my progress as I have more to share. I want to work on my goldwork wreath, too, so I’ll probably go back and forth between the two. 

I’ve neglected responding to blog comments this past week while I was away, so I’ll catch up this week. Thanks to everyone who left a note for me. Apologies that I didn’t answer them quickly, as usual. 

Finally, I’ve got my Etsy shop on vacation for a bit. If there’s something you’ve seen and want that was currently listed, just let me know. I can complete a sale for you through Square. In the meantime, I’m working on an Etsy alternative, and will let you know more soon. (They’ve raised seller rates again, and it’s getting ridiculous, so I’m working on an alternative.) I’ll see you again Wednesday. Tag’s back tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. The embroidery is beautiful.
    That's going to be a beautiful quilt.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn: I'll get back to it after I finish my goldwork wreath. Then I need to find a longarmer. sigh
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. For me, those are the best kind of lavender. I love them, but don't dare breathe around them.
    As for Etsy, I know there are a lot of people who are doing the same and getting away from them. Luckily I never got involved with them in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting to note that the method of leaving comments on your blog has changed. Totally missed the step of putting in my name on this comment yesterday. Learning curve!!

      Delete
    2. Hi MA:
      I know. This change has me thoroughly peeved. Sorry for the issue. I'll look to see if I need to change something again, but I think this is all on Google. (face palm)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Your Lavender bunches are beautiful. Love your new stitching hoop holder. Never enough time for all the projects we plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is this new comment style. I am not anonymous…Sherry of createology.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna