April 6, 2022

Another Goldwork Class...

Off To A Nice Start
Monday night was the first session of the latest class offering from Clara Warschauer of Clara Stitching. This is a Goldwork Floral Wreath project. I took notes through the class, opting to pay close attention to her technique and instruction, so I could then apply what I learned to actual execution of the work.

I began the stitching yesterday, and put about four hours into my needlework. My plan was to stitch each sprig in the gold thread, then "color in" each flower blossom or bud. Stems and leaves are for next week's session.

Adding A Little Color
As you can see, I couldn't resist adding color to the blossoms before calling it a day. The flowers will have gold centers that we'll add next week. I'll keep working on my flowers until then. The ground fabric is ivory Kona cotton, so the color more closely resembles the first photograph above, rather than this one. I took the second photo late day, under my magnifier light. The first one was taken in daylight. What a difference! Nothing like a little needle dancing to start the week! More today.

6 comments:

  1. This is going to be gorgeous!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh - I'm already in love with this! How could I not be when I see the wonderful colour you're using to fill in the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      The colors in the flowers are what sold me on the class. They really are gorgeous.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. This will be so beautiful. I of course love the blue flowers. It will be wonderful to follow your progress. Blissful Needle Dancing…

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna