April 16, 2022

My New Needlework Frame…


It’s Here! 
I ordered this table-mounted needlework frame last December from a talented needleworker in Russia…before everything went crazy overseas. We corresponded about what I wanted for personalization, and it was produced in January. My package shipped January 16th, and then I started tracking its progress. It wasn’t good. 

Russia to Poland to Germany. Russia for a long, long, long time. Once in Germany, it sat and sat. March 26th, it showed as being received in Jersey City, NJ. It was finally stateside! It languished in NJ until last week. When I saw it was in Illinois, I almost threw a party!

I greeted our postal carrier at the door Thursday. I actually got home from the retreat before she came with our mail. There it was. A compact box with packaging tape with Russian text on it. 

My Goldwork Wreath In The Frame
There are multiple accessories to create various configurations. I’ve chosen this setup for my goldwork piece. Having it flat will allow me to rest my goldwork chippings on the hoop as I work. You’ll definitely be seeing more of this frame in the future. 

I managed to complete two corners on my “Everlasting” quilt while I was at retreat. I’ll work on corner three over the weekend, and show you my progress on Monday. 

Happy Easter to my fellow Christians, 

7 comments:

  1. This looks like a quality frame, & I love how it is personalized.
    I'm glad you finally received it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn:
      I absolutely love it! It's stable, does what it needs to do, and it's beautiful, to boot!
      I'm so glad it made it here, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Easter Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      We had a lovely day. I hope you're was nice, too, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Nice frame! Very lucky that it arrived even though it did take awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Wow, all the way from Russia!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna