April 9, 2022

Sewcial Sisters Retreat...

Primitive Gatherings Retreat House

I promised to tell you about the retreat I'll be attending next week. I'll leave on Monday for Larsen, WI to join some of the Sewcial Sisters for three days.

I'll be rooming with Kathy D. at Primitive Gatherings' Retreat House. I haven't seen the guest rooms yet, but I promise I'll take photos while I'm there! The reservations include three meals a day, morning coffee (yay), a swag bag with as yet unknown goodies, and three days of fun with the Sewcial Sisters.

I'm really looking forward to it, and promise that I'll take you along on the trip. I'll share updates while I'm away so you don't miss a thing.

My "Everlasting" Quilt Top - So Far

I'm definitely packing this project, and will be working on finishing the embroideries in the outside border while I'm away. I'll likely pack a few other things in case I need a break from this. I'll share project photos while I'm there, too.

I'm going to spend this weekend choosing my attire, pulling projects and packing all my essentials for my getaway. Handsome has reluctantly agreed to make sure the Barn Girls and Leo have fresh water and food every day while I'm away, and I know Tag and the Labrador Ladies will be well-cared for, too. Handsome was completely self-sufficient before I married him, so I know he'll be happy to have a little time to himself, as well.

It snowed on and off all day yesterday, and frankly, I'm so tired of white stuff - even if it quickly melts away. I'm ready for spring and so are the tulips that have already popped out of the ground in the kitchen garden. I'm itching to get the flower beds cleaned out, but I'm waiting until the cold is gone so the little bugs and critters that might be resting under the leafy debris aren't displaced into the elements. I'm hoping that by Easter, or soon after, we'll be able to look forward to more time outdoors. In the meantime, I'm going to finish up a few projects next week, and get myself ready for gardening again.

Thanks for all your comments about seeing my progress photos and posts as I work on my embroideries or other projects. I really appreciate your kind words, and will continue to give you updates on small accomplishments as they come. For now, I'm anxious to get to Larsen and play with my friends. 

In the meantime, enjoy your weekend. I hope you have better weather where you are. If you're in the same boat as we are, you have my sympathy. Let's cross our fingers together that warm weather is just around the corner.

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you great fun at the retreat!
    That looks like a very nice venue.
    I hope the weather improves soon also, it's only 28 degrees this morning!
    I want to get out & clean up, but it's either cold, raining, or snowing. :(
    It flurried all day yesterday! A blizzard at times. Tired of it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Same here. ugh Finally nice weather today. I actually sat outside for a bit with Claudette and Crystal. It was wonderful.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Three uninterrupted days of stitching fun and friends - what could be better than that! Enjoy yourself to the fullest.
    Good for you for waiting to start the garden clean up because I know the bees will thank you.
    Spring is slow here too and they're calling for snow flurries over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I'm really looking forward to it. No cooking or dirty dishes either! Bliss!
      I do love the bees. It was nice today, and suppose to get warmer as the week goes on. I hope the cold weather moves out. I'm over it.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna