April 30, 2022

All That Glitters...

 

Metallic Check Purls
Well, some anyway. This is my assortment of check purls for future projects. Most of the colors are one meter lengths. You'd think in all of this, that I would have the color I ran out of for my Goldwork Floral Wreath project. Nope.

I contacted Clara to let her know that there wasn't enough in the kit to finish, and that I didn't have a matching color. She said color lots in the metallics are wildly different, and she immediately dispatched what I will need to finish the piece. (She's sending extras of some of the others where I may fall short, too.) How's that for wonderful?

In the meantime, I can't finish my piece, even though I could work on the rest of the branches. I may do that today, now that I can sit and stitch without letting my mind wander. I have an audio book that I'm going to set up so I can listen to that while I "dance". That way, when the package arrives, I can complete the rest of the design.

The weather will be rainy all weekend, so I'll make sure the barn girls are safe, warm, and dry while I stitch. The pups will likely be sleeping underfoot while I stitch. It will be a lovely weekend in spite of the rain.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful tray of bling!
    Great service to send you what you need.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      The photo doesn't do justice to the sparkle. They're wonderful. Clara is a wonderful teacher, and most responsive to all questions and issues as we create our pieces. She walks with us through the whole process. I highly recommend her as a teacher.
      Hope you're not getting blown away by these incessant winds! Stay safe and dry.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. ooooh - my magpie heart would be all over that glitter!
    And perhaps the rain is a good thing - at least it means you can feed your hurting soul with a good book and playing with needle and threads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I know what you mean. They're stunning fibers! Being in the studio was just what the doctor ordered, my friend. Thank you.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology. Oh my such a lovely array of those glittery pearl purls. So sweet of Clara to send you more supplies to finish your beautiful project. May the rain help cleanse your wounded heart my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Clara's the best! She had them on their way almost as soon as we were finished conversing. She felt so bad that I ran out of that color. Thank you, dear. I guess the reasons aren't ours to know. We just have to pray for peace and acceptance. It's just so darn tragic. I appreciate your kind words.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna