April 8, 2022

A Little Road Trip and Then, More Needle Dancing...

Goldwork Project Progress

Handsome and I took a trip up the west side of the lake to Appleton yesterday to a bakery supply store. I hadn't been there before, but they carry bulk supplies, and I wanted to get fifty pound bags of bread and all-purpose flour for our pantry. Actually, they'll be kept in the freezer until they're used, so they don't spoil. I wanted to have them readily available here at the farmhouse.

On our way home, we stopped at my new farm-fresh egg supplier. This lady's hens lay the prettiest, tastiest eggs we've every eaten. I made sure to tell her that, and that we'll continue to make the trip to her farmette to pick them up. She also has duck eggs, saying they're the best for baking, so I think I'll try those next time (as she was out of them this week).

Once back home and settled, I took a cup of tea upstairs with me to the studio and sat down to work on my class assignment. This is my progress so far. 

Now, I'm going to ask you to be honest with me. Do you like seeing daily progress photos, or do you want me to wait until I'm finished with this class assignment's stitching to show you? I don't want to bore you with posts that don't show great areas finished. I will admit, the lower blossoms and outlining on the right side took me about three hours of work, so it's a slow process for me. You know how it is with friends, though. If you're not interested in this, I can find other things to chat about with you. Feedback would be appreciated.

I'm going to bake bread today. I'm attending a retreat from next Monday until Thursday (more about that tomorrow), so I want to make sure Handsome doesn't run out of sandwich bread while I'm gone. The freezer repairman will be here today, too, to fix our upright freezer. I'm glad, because I'm tired of digging in our new chest freezer to find things, and I'm going to use that one for our bread-making surplus supplies instead.

I'll definitely get some needlework in, but I'd like to know whether or not you want me to share my baby steps - or wait until I have big areas done. You tell me, okay? I'll be back tomorrow to tell you about the retreat I'm going to attend. I'm off for my morning cup, and then I'll get to work. See you tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. Great progress!
    I like seeing daily progress pics.
    We go to the Amish shops out past Fox Lake.
    They have a general store with bulk baking supplies, & some delicious bakeries & flower shops we go to. Furniture shops also. Can't wait for flower season to go.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gold work is beautiful! I enjoy seeing your progress photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing every little step.I don't often comment but you know I follow you daily... Its a joy to see the progress. Much love to all.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Progress photos for me too, please! I think I can appreciate the end result far better when I've seen how much work goes into the creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please keep posting your WIP's. Goldwork is so fascinating to me. All your posts are enlightening......Lydia B

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never tire of seeing your progress posts. I can appreciate the time it takes to make progress. Happy baking dear…

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too enjoy seeing your progress on your class project. I also read you every day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna