April 22, 2022

Bright, Shiny Stitches…

 

Adding Stems and Leaves
I spent time stitching yesterday afternoon. I added centers to the large blossoms, calyx to the smaller buds, completed two leaves, and added most of the stems to one set of blooms. 

The leaves were especially fun to work on. They’re stitched using two needles with three threads in each one. I love the effect.

I’ll be finishing this first stem today, and then I’ll see how far I get on the second. I do love the look of these sparkling, metallic fibers!

8 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful, & the leaves are stunning!
    Great progress.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leaves are wonderful, as is the entire piece, but they are so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! The leaves are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MA-
      They’re fun to stitch, too! I may have to do a short video to show how they’re created.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. These are stunning. I also love the sparking threads and of course the blue beads. Two needles sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry-
      I may have to share a little technique to show a few of the areas and how they were created.
      Thanks!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna