May 31, 2023

May Craft Day...

Saturday Crafters  l-r: Adrienne, me, Linda K, Nancy (Adrienne's future mother-in-law), and Marie.

I really enjoyed our project last Saturday in Portage. These gorgeous "baskets" began life as cereal boxes! First, we cut away one long side, and then sealed up the open top. Once that was done, it was time to brave the hot glue guns and start attaching the jute cord.


 
I placed my Corgi hot pad in the basket to give you an idea of size. He's so cute! The jute was then embellished. Marie was our project leader, and hers had sparkling buttons/pins in the center of her doilies. I decided to wait to embellish mine until I got back home.

 
Once I was back home, I went through my embellishments and chose these three buttons for mine. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. The jute actually weighted the boxes and they were quite stable when finished.

 
Marie actually made a second one, and I love it so much, I'm going to do another for Independence Day. She left the back unpainted, but I may paint all the way around with a flag on each side. What do you think? I'm the leader for the June get together. Now to decide what to make!
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this project!
    The flag basket is great
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I loved it, too! I bought more of the jute. Home Depot had 50 ft. rolls, reg. $10+ for only $5! I'll make at least two more! lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Such a cool project! Braving the hot glue gun resulted in a great storage item. Now I'm wondering what you will come up with for next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks! You're right about the glue gun. I've learned to be very careful with them. Funny. I'm wondering, too. heehee
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. What a great project. It is always fun to see each creation.
    I love the flag. And then maybe a stenciled pumpkin, turkey, snowflakes, of that's a lot of
    cereal. Now what can June bring?
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Those are all great ideas! Seasonal. Marie is really a talented painter, so I'll suggest that to her. I'm already thinking about what I should share with our group next month! I'll keep you posted.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Donna, what a fun project! I loved the buttons you chose for yours. I liked the red, white and blue basket your friend made also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry of createology: Lovely baskets. I love to upcycle using things we all have at home. Your buttons are just right for yours dear. Of course the Red, White and Blue Flag is truly amazing. I will email you an idea for June. We crafters have so many ideas and links to select from. June Moon is smiling on us all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna