May 16, 2023

Tuesdays With Tag - Puppy Coat...

 
Hi, Everybody!
 
Well, Mom said it was gonna happen but I didn't want to believe she'd put me through that again! Boy, was I wrong. She actually tricked me by askin' Dad to take me for a truck ride, and you know I can't resist a truck ride.

We drove east from home, and next thing I knew, we were parked in front of Miss Joy's dog groomin' salon. The words Canine Design on the big windows said it all. It's a good thing I don't know how to spell naughty words.
 
 
"Come on, Tag", he said. "You like Miss Joy", he said. "It'll be fun", he said. Cow patties! I'm not fond of gettin' baths. I like bein' brushed even less, and oh, the insult of gettin' sprayed with girly, smelly stuff. You'll notice, she topped off her efforts with a yellow bandana! I do like Miss Joy, but really? A bandana?

 
So here I am in all my glory. A suave, debonnaire, twelve year old Corgi, sportin' a puppy fur coat-look. She even cut my toenails and the fur around them so I have "puppy feet", too. I'd like to know where I can find somethin' especially rank to roll in. Once I get that out of the way, I'll be much happier.

For now, I'll be walkin' around gettin' laughed at by the barn cats, giggled at by Carly, and further insulted by Bella. Perfect. Juuust perfect.

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 
"Be A Good Dog."

10 comments:

  1. You look amazing! I just want to reach through my computer screen and stroke that beautiful fur coat of yours! Just know that it was well worth the "torture" you had to endure...everyone who sees you will have to do a double take to admire your incredible good looks! (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Lois:
      Thanks! I wish you could pet me, too. Have I told you I'm quite the ladies' man? Yep. I love 'em all. I have to admit, I was lookin' a little blurry before I had all the loose fur removed. I'm sportin' my sleek summer look for the next week or so. I should be back to my devil-may-care look by then.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. You look so handsome Tag!
    Please don't find something rank, Mom will be mad at you!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      Thanks! I'd already be out in the field if Mom weren't keepin' me on a short leash. I think she knows I'd be out in search of squirrel poo. It's the BEST! hee hee
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. Tag - your coat looks so soft and luxurious so don't you dare find something yucky to roll about in. The rest of the 'family' are just jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      Yeah. Mom said the same thing. I know what you mean about "jealous", though. The girls are all wishin' they'd had the royal treatment, too. Personally, I wish it had been them. Especially the perfumey part. sigh
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. Wow Tag! You look so handsome. I’d just love to cuddle with you right now. Sounds like you need a trip to walk downtown to really get the love you deserve. Andrea Hickman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Andrea:
      Oh! What a fantastic idea!!! I'll have to tell Mom we need to go for a stroll "in public" to make up for this denegration I had to suffer. I wish you were here for a cuddle, too. I can never get enough cuddles from pretty ladies.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  5. How handsome and luxurious. Not one canine at Westminster looked this fine this year.
    I'm with you on getting sprayed with the smelly stuff, that's a no for me. Just don't get grass
    stains on those puppy feet. No laughing, giggling or insults, you are one very handsome
    devil dog. Enjoy all the fuss.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Shirley:
      Could you come and live with me? (or me with you?) It's more than obvious that you know how to treat a guy, and I'd get the proper attention and respect at your house. On second though, although it would be appealin', I think Mom might miss me. Sorry. There's just not enough of me to go around. I've never been to Westminster, but I hear it's a great place for a single guy such as myself to meet single girls. I'm in!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna