May 12, 2023

Birds and Bella...

 
Many familiar birds have returned to the farmhouse in the past week. Yesterday I saw a trio of Baltimore orioles - two males and a female - when they visited the grape jelly feeder I had out. Their colors are stunning, and I'm quite sure I'll embroider this bird some day.

 
While I heard a hummingbird late Wednesday, I didn't actually see one until yesterday. This female was buzzing around the feeders I've had filled awaiting their return. I'll make new nectar today for them.

Bella came through her surgery in fine form. The remnants were exactly where they'd been located in the ultrasound and were removed by the surgeon. Dr. Welker also had a little look-around to make sure there were no other anomalies before closing up the incision. When she called us, Bella was resting comfortably. Handsome will be going to pick her up this morning, but I'll stay home with the other two and get some things done that have been waiting for my attention.

Thank you to everyone who took time to think about, pray for, or offer good wishes for our girl. We were praying hard for her, and I know our collective thoughts were heard and answered. We're beyond grateful. I'm looking forward to having her back home and giving her a little extra love tonight. Thank you again! Have a great weekend. I know we will.

13 comments:

  1. The Orioles & Hummies have come back here this week also.
    The Orioles are so, so beautiful!
    I'm glad Bella came through her surgery fine.
    I certainly hope the problem is solved.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I saw a beautiful indigo bunting on our feeders today! I love when they come back, too. They're so colorful!
      Thanks so much, dear. I really appreciate that you lifted prayers for our girl.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful birds - more of God's amazing artistry! So glad all went well for Bella, and we will look forward to seeing pictures of all 3 pups romping and resting happily TOGETHER soon! (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      We're looking forward to that day, too! Bella's pretty sedated for now. We want her to rest and heal. Thanks for your note, dear. I think we're all really enjoying seeing all the different birds that are visiting our feeders now.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Lucky you to catch a great photo of the oriole! I've caught glimpses of them on occasion but certainly never been lucky enough to get close enough for a photo.
    Very glad to hear Bella came through the surgery well and now we all hope she's going to be back to her sunny self once she's healed. I'm sure she will get lots of TLC when she gets home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      The feeders are right next to our kitchen windows, so they get used to us passing by while they eat. An indigo bunting showed up today! No closeup photos yet, though. Hopefully soon. They're stunning! Thanks about Bella. She's back home and resting...mostly sleepy from the meds, but that's okay while she's healing. We're hopeful, too, that she'll be back to our dear Bella soon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. I've never seen an indigo bunting (or a bluebird) in real life. I'm ever hopeful!!

      Delete
  4. Dear Donna - prayer always works...so glad Bella is doing fine. I too am feeding the hummers and the Baltimore Orioles. Our Orioles will only be here until the end of June and then they head up to Canada...the hummers are here to stay until September. Such beautiful birds. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie:
      I agree, dear! Bella's sedated, but we're confident she'll heal well and be back to her sweet self in now time. I saw our first indigo bunting of the season today along with yellow finches feeding on my bee balm seed heads from last winter. I'm working on getting photos of both of them now.
      Happy Weekend to you!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: Blessings Bella came through her surgery. She will be her happy healthy beautiful self in no time. Wonderful weekend and happy Mother’s Day Dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Sherry! Happy Mother's Day to you, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Bella, best news I've heard all week. You go girl. Here's hoping those cranky pants are gone for good now. Can't keep the WMBBD down.
    Hummers are back here but the Orioles are usually here towards the end of the month.
    There is something to be said for prayers.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      I agree about the power of prayer. Thanks so much for adding yours for our dear girl. We're hoping her sweet disposition returns as she heals. No more grumpies! Today I saw an indigo bunting, as well as a beautiful goldfinch. We have purple finches, too. So many beautiful birds visit the farmhouse! Lucky me!
      Happy Weekend, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna