May 13, 2023

She's Back Where She Belongs...

 
Handsome drove to Madison yesterday morning while I stayed with Tag and Carly. He was back home with our beautiful Bella early afternoon. 

Bella is on meds that make her groggy right now to help her heal. She's got to stay quiet for a couple weeks, so they're helping in that regard. Instead of wearing the dreaded "cone of shame", we had an inflatable donut that Handsome took with him for her. It's nice because it's like a neck pillow and she's comfortable sleeping on it. The dogs don't complain about that like they do over the cone. Those things are just obstreperous. 

So we're counting our blessings that all our driving back and forth, the surgery and Bella's surgery were so covered in good wishes. I could feel the care and concern from all of you, and I'm confident Bella could, too. You're the best!

I'm going to try to get a little needlework in today. I also want to dry can potatoes this weekend, so I'll get the spuds prepared first. They have to be peeled and then sit in cold water 5-8 hours to wick the starch out of them. Then, the pressure canning part will be easy. First, coffee! I hope you have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Bella is home.
    I wish her a fast recovery & that all is well.
    I never heard about dry canning potatoes!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I'll have to share the recipe with you. It's simple and done with the pressure canner, but there's no water involved, so you could even open these containers and use the potatoes for fried, or even potato salads. I wouldn't do that with the water canned ones. I'll take a photo of the recipe and the final product on Wednesday for you - and anyone else who might be interested.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I hope Bella has a speedy recovery. The neck pad is much better than the cone, comfort wise and safety. -Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy!
      Hope you had fun on your trip! We love the neck pads 100 x more than the cones. Seems they're much easier to navigate and the dog can actually see where it's going with them. See you soon!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Blessings Indeed! All the family is home and recovering. Healing Energy for Bella. You all deserve Treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherry!
      We're so happy to have her home.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. You would think in this day and age someone would have come up with a much better idea than the cone. Hoping each day is better than the last. Being home and able to relax in her own environment will help speed the healing.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Actually, we bought a neck pillow that stays on with a strong velcro attachment. It's inflatable with the nice canvas-like covering. Bella can actually put her head down and use it as a pillow. Soooo much better than a cone. They can see where they're going, for starters. We're glad to have her home, and we'll all be happier when things get back to normal. Thanks, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. oops - I thought I'd commented on this and looks like it was in my dreams! I'm so glad Bella is home and receiving TLC from her family. Hope she's soon back to her sunny self!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      We do, too. She's still bein' growly, but she has a way to go before her hormones settle. We're hoping for the best. Thanks, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Ha ha. Did not know Bella was a pup at first. Cone of shame? Oh ok! Ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna