May 11, 2023

While We Waited...

 
We spent most of the day in Madison at the UW-Veterinary Care Clinic with our beautiful Bella. We had an appointment for their vet team to do an ultrasound in search of the cause of her current condition. I know I've been a bit obtuse about that lately, but I'll say that she was spayed over two years ago, and as we looked back at her medical history, we realized she was trying to have a heat cycle every six months. Last December, when her daughter came in heat, Bella joined her with a full blown heat herself. Did I mention she was spayed over two years ago?
 
Well, the ultrasound revealed the cause for her current state. She had ovarian remnants specifically, three follicles (where eggs reside until a heat cycle). Today, she'll have surgery to remove them.

We believe as a side effect of her hormonal "surprises", she also developed an aggressive streak. Aggression was the very last thing we expected from her, as she's been a sweet dog since we got her at twelve weeks old. Tag was usually the object of her ire, but when Carly was home - before Florida and more recently - Bella also turned her attention to her daughter. Our regular vet (not who performed the spay) is confident the aggression will disappear in six weeks or so as her body adjusts. 

While we waited for test results, I managed to do a very little bit of needlework. I'll continue to work on this more over the next few days. I'll be keeping this one for the time it will represent for me.

We'll get a call from the clinic after her surgery today, and she'll be in Madison one more night for observation before we go back and collect her tomorrow. We're looking forward to having her home and pampering her as she heals. 
 
If you're the praying sort, we'd appreciate it if you'd pray that our girl comes through surgery with flying colors. If you don't pray, a few good thoughts would be perfect, too. I'll let you know tomorrow how things went for our WMBBD.  For now, we wait a little longer...
 

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad they found the cause of Bella's problem.
    Prayers for her & your family.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - poor Bella! But on the other hand (trying to look on the bright side) at least they have found the cause and this new surgery should - fingers crossed! - take care of the problem and she can go back to being her sunny self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Donna I am praying for Bella. I never heard of this happening before. I am sure you will be so happy to have her back home. Take care and know I am praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry of createology: Whew! It is such good news to know the reason for poor Bella’s condition. Prayers and Healing Energy are lifted. She will be in very good hands for the pampering she will need. As a female myself (of the human kind) I can only imagine how disconcerting this has all been to Bella and he rest of her wonderful family. Blessings Dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for a successful surgery to remedy this problem. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you have an answer and solution for Bella. She has been in my prayers and thoughts for quite some time now. Continued prayers that she finds her way back to the original Bella.
    Looking forward to an update and knowing that she is safely back home.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna