May 6, 2023

Jan's Beach Blouse...

 
Jan arrived around 11:30 yesterday morning, and as you can see by the clock, sewing ended around 9:30 pm. Jan chose a fun pattern, but as a non-seamstress, she picked fabric she liked. Unfortunately, this was not beginner friendly fabric, so...Donna to the rescue. 

Let me begin by saying that while this fabric is beautiful and I'm not unfamiliar with sheer fabrics, this one really tried my patience. It was a long day wrestling what could have been a two hour project had it been linen or cotton. 

Jan is thrilled with the outcome and plans to wear it as a swimsuit coverup once she and her husband arrive at their vacation destination in another week. I'm hoping she'll send photos of her wearing it on the beach.

I think today will be spent completely with Handsome. No sewing. No needlework. No kitchen tasks. I'm looking forward to it. Happy Weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, that fabric looks tricky!
    But, it IS so pretty.
    You are such a great sister to sew for her. :)
    Have a good time spending time with Handsome today.
    Might be a good day to do nothing, it'd going to rain.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - cute blouse, but oh the pain of working with that fabric! Maybe next time you should go with her when she shops for fabric so you get something a whole lot easier to work with.
    Sounds like a do-nothing day with Handsome is definitely in order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry of createology: Oh that fabric would be the end before the beginning of my sewing capabilities. Jan looks fabulous in her cover-up. A day with Handsome is just what you need dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous - she's lucky to have your help and expertise. I hope you enjoyed your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super cute on her! But, oh, the thought of working with that fabric...the word "cute" does not come to mind. Oh, the labors of love we do take on...😊 Enjoy a lovely day of relaxing with your Handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute, but that girl could wear anything and it would be gorgeous.
    Your plans for the day sound fabulous.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna