June 30, 2022

Mid-Week Music...

Even though the wind picked up and the temps dropped after sundown, it was an otherwise perfect evening for a concert in the park. Performing was the Milwaukee Symphony and we had a great crowd.

Handsome went to town in the middle of the afternoon to help the MSO staff set up the stage. He came home and picked me up, and then we went back to hear the concert. It was wonderful. It had been four years since their last concert in Fond du Lac, and everyone was glad to see them back.

After the concert, I went back to our vehicle and waited out of the wind for Handsome to finish his volunteering to help the staff pack their setup into their equipment truck, and then we came back home. I made a late (light) meal and we settled in for the night.

All in all, it was just the date night we needed. Handsome will be performing again in a few weeks with the Fond du Lac Symphonic Band, and then we can declare things back to normal for my dear husband, too. I can't wait.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome!
    Glad you got to go to Handsome's concert & that the weather cooperated.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Handsome didn't play in this concert. He was next to me enjoying the Symphony. It was really nice that we could sit together for a change. The weather was really nice, but Handsome wished he'd bought a jacket. I was just right.
      Happy 4th Weekend!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Sherry of createology: This is a lovely date day and so personal with Handsome playing with his group. The Joys of summer…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Girlfriend:
      Handsome won't be performing for a couple more weeks, but I really liked enjoying the concert with him beside me for a change. Nothing better than music in the park. Happy 4th weekend, Sherry!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Ah, a date night - sounds wonderful! We haven't had one in SOOOO long (but some would say we have a date every day) but plans are afoot for a dinner out with friends to celebrate DH's 80th the middle of July. That will certainly count as a date night for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I bet you're looking forward to that dinner with friends! Make the most of it, and plan another one right away. Happy Birthday to your husband, and have a great holiday weekend, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna