June 24, 2022

It's Blooming Time Again...

The flowers are beginning to bloom again here at the farmhouse. English and French lavender...

and hollyhocks!


 Lots of hollyhocks.

I need to take a better photograph of these magnificent honeysuckle blooms. Now that the weather is hot, their fragrance permeates the air. The hummingbirds appreciate their nectar, and we appreciate their colorful, heady blooms. These are the honeysuckle that survived being transplanted away from the house. 

It probably wasn't my first choice for replanting them, as I just wanted to protect them from demo, but now that they're reestablished here, I'm happy with their placement. When my garden setup is complete, this location will place them at the entrance to the gate opening to all the flowers and vegetables. I suspect this will be a two year setup, but I'm looking forward to the process.

Today is Craft Day again in Portage. Adrienne asked that we not cancel, so we'll all gather together with our dear girl to create something beautiful with her. I'll share our project and group photos with you on Monday. I'm finished with my breakfast, grabbing a morning coffee, and heading out the door. I don't want to be late!

4 comments:

  1. Sherry of createology: I so love flowers as they just make me smile and feel blessed. Enjoy your crafting day of fun with the ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember how honeysuckle smells and it certainly looks as though yours is in a spot it likes.
    Today, no doubt, will be difficult but also a needful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty flowers.
    Hope your craft day is fun!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such beautiful flowers! Enjoy them! 😄💕🌸

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna