June 20, 2022

It Only Needs A Stem...

Otherwise, it's done! I'll be sharing more photographs Wednesday, when it will be available to purchase. I'm going to add a Square checkout button to my post, so that it can be purchased directly from my blog. 

This is a second version of the Flower Garden theme I used in the last one I created. I'll take daylight photographs so you can see the colors, but they're shades of muted blues, pinks, tan and lavender. The strawberry has a small amount of lavender right in the heart of the organic wool stuffing, to impart the slightest, sweetest fragrance.

I also chose to change up the leaves, going with a lavender houndstooth wool, instead of a usual shade of green. I really love this one, and I promise lots of pictures, so you can see what the embroidery looks like moving around the strawberry.

Tag will be here tomorrow. We had a little photo session over the weekend, and I know he wants to share it with you! I'll be back on Wednesday. Time for coffee now. Happy Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the lavender houndstooth leaves! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, dear Bonnie:
      Thanks so much! I thought the lavender leaves added a touch of whimsy. Glad you liked them, too. I appreciate the feedback.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. It;s a beautiful berry.
    Hope you had a wonderful father's Day.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Marilyn:
      We did have a nice day. Hope you did, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. The lavender houndstooth leaves look great particularly with the colours you used for the flowers. Seeing the houndstooth made me think of my dad. He owned a pair of houndstooth pants (very loud ones!) and when he lived with us he loved to put them on, accompanied by an equally loud plaid shirt. He knew I hated the combination and did it just to get a rise out of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear MA:
      How wonderful that the houndstooth leaves brought back fun memories for you. Thank you for sharing your story with me. I decided that my strawberries don't always need green leaves. This choice made me happy.
      Blessings, friend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Your Strawberry is exquisite. The flowers and the colors are so soft and lovely. I noticed the houndstooth wool leaves immediately and like them very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dear Sherry:
      Your diction is perfection, and he smelled of flowers and colors. I like the houndstooth touch. I think it makes it look whimsical!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna