June 2, 2022

Embroidery Delayed...


I’d planned to share an embroidery update with you today, but I’d also planned to add much more to the piece yesterday. Such was not to be the case. 

Baking went as planned before I made a cup of tea with the intent to sit down and stitch. First, I wanted to plant a few onions I’d rooted. As I went out the back door, Tag pushed out while my hands were full. Dang it! I was lucky that I managed to keep him close while I planted.


When I was finished, I called him so we could go back inside, and that’s when he gave me that look. I knew I was in trouble. He turned and started to run. 

I nearly caught up to him, but he got to a treeline that was heavy with buckthorn bushes. He managed to scurry under the bushes, but I proceeded more cautiously because...thorns! He was gone in a flash. 

I went back to the house to enlist Handsome’s help. He went out, but was injured when he fell in the underbrush. He tripped on an unseen rock, and cane back home all bloodied. He got cleaned up while I walked. Not a single sign of my elderly lowrider. 

I borrowed Andy and Shelly’s four-wheel cart and continued my search. As I headed back to the house, I saw him. Tag had moseyed back home all on his ownsome at least an hour after leaving. 

I returned the four-wheeler to our dear neighbors and walked back down the hill to our house. My pedometer registered nearly a mile in steps for the day. I kind of knew it without looking. My bum knee was fairly screaming at me. 

Needless to say, dinner and feeding cats and dogs ran all over any remaining time with needle and thread. I’m sharing photos of my huge columbines from my garden instead. I promise embroidery pictures tomorrow. I’m not doing anything except needlework today. 

11 comments:

  1. Sorry Tag ran again.
    Hope you both are ok.
    Love the Columbine!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn: You'd think I'd learn and be more careful. I'm using a pedometer these days, and yesterday I doubled my walking goal! I slept like a log last night. I've already told Tag not to expect to be off-leash outside, unless he's in an enclosed area. I'm too old to be chasing him around the "back forty".
      Thanks for the note.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Your flowers are beautiful! Sorry your “runaway” was at it again. Hope everyone is feeling better today. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      He's really off his game lately. I guess, so am I! I should have known better than to trust him even a little bit. I'm onto him now. Handsome went to the ER just to make sure we did everything right for his wound, and to make sure he didn't need some intervention or antibiotics. They were impressed with how well we cleaned him up! He got the all-clear, so aside from being a bit sore, he's going to be okay. Seeing the big, beautiful columbines made me smile.
      Thanks for your note.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. My goodness - makes you wonder why Tag is suddenly taking off. You might have to get some sort of long line that he gets tied to so he can only go a certain distance. I don't suppose you have a clothesline? You could run a line from that and he could have room to roam and yet you'd know were he was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I know. We're thinking he's getting a little senile...or he's just trying to drive me 'round the bend! I've used a nice long line to tie him out in the past. He actually seems to like it, but I only do it when I can sit and watch over him. Just being careful that he doesn't get hurt. We used to have an actually trolley line years before we had kennel buildings. Ropes and pulley and such. It was really nice, and we didn't have to worry about tangling. I'll see about Handsome putting one up here for us. Thanks for the suggestion, and your note.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Hi Donna. I have been a quiet long time follower. Tuesday's with Tag was how I found your post (years ago) because I was a fellow corgi owner/lover. I can only imagine the fear when he takes off so I am finally adding a note. Something that has helped me immensely with my dogs is the folding x-pens. I have several now and they can be hooked together and folded to put away if needed. They are metal and have held up well. I purchased mine from Chewy. I went so far as to purchase the top so I can have a 4x4 pen to corral my cats occasionally. Thank you for sharing, I enjoy your beautiful creations and to know there is a "crazy" corgi and cat lover out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest "Anonymous"-
      Thank you so much for your note. We had an enclosure years ago when he was little and we were traveling in the Airstream, but sold it when we no longer used it. I think you're on to something. I'll head over to Chewy and check out getting a new one for him. We had a gate made for the opening to the stairs on our front porch, and he loves being out there. Claudette even hangs out with him. It's pretty cute. But, he also loves lying in the grass, so that might be a better solution than the trolley. I'll price shop and think on that.
      I so appreciate that you cared enough to take the time to write. Thanks for being a friend I haven't met yet. I'm sure we'd have a lot to chat about!
      Blessings to you and yours,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. I meant to add a name and forgot until after I hit send. I believe the Frisco brand is what Chewy has on their site. Best of luck, "anonymous" Kathy

      Delete
  5. Oh, no. naughty Tag. He obviously knows you are a bit hog-tied in the running area and that coat of his will be protecting him from thorns.

    Love your columbines. We call them grannie bonnets over here. I love seeing all the combinations coming up through cross-pollination. I have had some of mine win Best Perennial in our local flower show a couple of times. Not a huge show I would have to say but always lots of entries from the locals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marrianne:
      Yeah. He's making me an old woman these days, and reminding me that I don't move like I used to. He came back yesterday acting like he'd been in the yard the whole time. I just shook my head and ushered him inside. The only real bad part was that Handsome got hurt. A quick trip to the ER to make sure he didn't need stitches or an antibiotic and we assured that he'll be fine after the wounds heal, and his bruises mend. These columbines are HUGE this year. I was always used to the variety I'd find in the woods when I was growing up. These blossoms are nearly quadruple the size...and I think they're gorgeous. I bet yours were magnificent to win Best Perennial. Congratulations, my friend. You're a woman of many talents.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna