June 16, 2022

Cultivating My Thread Garden...

 

This is how far I got on my newest Strawberry Sachet project yesterday. It was so hot outside, but it was comfortable in the farmhouse. Ceiling fans moved the air, so we kept the windows closed. 

I went out frequently to make sure the Barn Girls were okay. I gave them fresh water, and added ice cubes to it. They stuck close, preferring the covered front porch to the Compass Barn or woodshed. I was glad to see them and know they were comfortable.

Handsome had his first concert of the summer season this evening, but we had tornado watches and heavy storms coming, so it wasn't going to be held outdoors. In the end, we decided I'd stay home with the dogs and he'd go to his concert. I'm glad I was home because we got seriously heavy rains, and the dogs were agitated. I was able to keep them calm, and make sure the girls were okay in their beds on the porch, too. I'll make it to the next concert, for sure.

In between, I stitched. There's still more to do before I form it into a berry, but I think it's coming along nicely. I'll be listing this one up when I'm finished, but I'll share the progress with you in the meantime. 

I have a haircut this afternoon, but will work on this before and after my appointment. What do you think? Do you like it so far?

12 comments:

  1. Of course we like it so far, your embroidery is gorgeous!
    That was a wicked storm that came through, glad you all were safe.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I'm so glad you're safe, too. It was a blustery one! Thanks for your first comment. You made me giggle.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, as always! Love your colors. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Bonnie. I'm so glad you like it. I seem to be drawn to the muted colors these days.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. You need to ask? Of course it's beautiful!
    Hope the storm didn't do any damage and good that you stayed home to keep the dogs company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MA:
      Kind of funny how we humans always ask for validation, even at my age. Thanks for your nice words. Sunrise revealed everything in order here. Dogs and Barn Cats all fared well, too. Handsome had fun, but said the drive home in the rain was pretty wicked. I sighed a sigh of relief when he finally came in the back door.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Your stitching is always beautiful! I just don't know how you get your eyes and fingers to cooperate to make such intricate and complicated stitches... (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Thank you so much. I needed eye drops after the day of stitching, and my hands were sore all day yesterday. Glad to have taken a little break today.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: YES! This is stunning and your colors are exquisite. Happy you were home with the fur-children during the storm. Happy that Handsome was safe. Glorious Needle Dancing Dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dear Sherry:
      Thank you so much! I'm having fun with the muted colors, so I'm glad you like them, too. I was glad to be home, but much happier when Handsome made it safely home to me. I didn't have time to stitch today (Thursday), but I'm looking forward to a relaxing day with the needles today.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Love all your stitching, always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Marrianne. Would that we could sit and stitch together. I'm grateful for the technology that helps us span the miles.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna