June 23, 2022

Thrifted Joy...

About two weeks ago, the caster on my sewing chair finally gave up the ghost and couldn't be repaired. In fact, as far as Handsome and I can tell, it can't be replaced either. Our two brains together are, apparently unable to discern a way to remove them and replace them with new ones. It appears that the stems for each caster is a welded, attached part of the frame. It left me a bit distraught, as it was a chair I purchased from a sewing machine shop in Florida, specifically for my studio. 

I limped along with it - reattaching the parts that kept dropping off the caster - for as long as I could, and finally gave up. It's been in my way in the fabric studio ever since, until two days ago, when I finally took it out to the garage until someone might be able to tell me whether or not it can be repaired.

In the meantime, I need a rolling chair in the studio. I've been using a regular sidechair for my desk and sewing table, but I have to get up and scooch it around every time I change a task. (Cue Moaning Myrtle).

Yesterday, I told Handsome I had to do something about it. As I was already running to Plymouth on a few errands, I was going to check the St. Vincent de Paul store to see if they might have something that would work. He offered to drive, and away we went.

I found a perfectly good Hon™ office chair, and the best part was that it was only $10.00! I'm sitting on it as I write my post, and am not ashamed to say that this $10 expenditure has made me a happy, happy girl again.

As long as we were there, we milled up and down the aisles to see if there were any other treasures that might need to be rehomed. I always look through dishes and kitchen things, and imagine how I smiled when I saw these two bowls. I looked at my dearest and declared, "These will be perfect breakfast bowls for the two of us!". He thought I was kidding and just smiled and shook his head. 

When we got to the checkout, he realized I was serious. They were $1.00 each! The cashier asked if I'd like to round up my purchase to help the local homeless (of course, I did). I handed her $13.00 and we were on our merry way.

I can't wait to make breakfast this morning. Fresh fruit, Greek yogurt, and a tablespoon of Grape Nuts in one of these two bowls. What a great way to start the day. A gentle reminder that life is good here at the farmhouse. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you found some great deals!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a new chair - those things are expensive when bought new so you got a steal. And two sweet bowls too that can't help but bring a smile to your face every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry of createology: You got the deal of the day for sure! I adore “op shopping” and rehoming treasures. I also round up whenever asked. It is such a ind thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna