June 10, 2022

Blue Skies...



I'm so glad the rain moved out and left sunshine and cloudless skies in its wake. If there's such a thing as a perfect day for a funeral, this would have been it. There were so many people there to support Adrienne; the kids were all surrounded by loved ones; and the service really was lovely.

After the service, A invited everyone to her home for a light lunch and a bit more time together. She was strength personified. Mostly family went to the house, and I was able to visit a bit before leaving to come back home.

From the funeral home, I could see two of my old apartments, so I decided to snap pictures to share. This first picture is of the smallest apartment I ever rented. If you look to the second floor on the right side of the building, you can see the windows that were my living room. My bedroom was an interior area, so it didn't have any windows. I remember how stuffy it would get in there at night during the summer. I frequently slept on my sofa because of it.

                        

One block over was another of my former dwellings. This was a remodeled church. The young owner and his mom lived in the back section, and I lived in the front. My living room windows are the arched ones seen here. 

I had a living room, bath and kitchen downstairs, and a bedroom upstairs. There was an open staircase across the back wall of the living room. It was a nice apartment, located right down the street from the police station. I felt safe, but I admit the church had a spooky vibe, so I didn't live there long.

By the time I got back home I was pretty tired, so I took a short nap, and stayed home while Handsome went to watch our granddaughter's soccer team win another game. They’re advancing to the next stage of their playoffs, so I'm planning to see the next game.

We have people coming to help weed out my gardens today, so I'm going to have a quick cup of coffee and then head outside to make sure the good plants don't get pulled. I'm so grateful we'll have help to get this job done this year. I'll be running to get mulch for the garden, too. Lots to do today. I'll share photos tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry about your friend's husbands passing.
    Those are some pretty old r buildings.
    I used to live in an older 4-family, no kids, it was quiet, I worked 3rd shift, so it was nice.
    Glad you have help with your weeding, it takes a toll on your back.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Marilyn. I really liked living in the older places, but they do come with a few quirks. The second story apartment was really nice, even though it was small. I was in my mid-20s when I lived there, and the other three apartments were occupied by retired people. I always felt secure there. (Being down the street from the police station didn't hurt either!) I know what you mean about being in a building without kids. It's much quieter. I was probably the noisiest one there! lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. They're both beautiful buildings. All the light you must have had when you lived in the church must have been incredible.
    Glad you have help with your gardens - at least now you can just enjoy them and not have the constant work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA;
      I agree! I loved the historical nature of both buildings, and they'd been beautifully updated. There were days that southern exposure in the church apartment forced me to wear sunglasses, as there was no way for this young woman to hang curtains in those windows!
      I'm so glad to finally get the gardens under control. They've really been weighing on me. Having the help is worth every penny!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna