June 1, 2022

May Craft Day...

l-r: me, Linda, Annabelle (front), Kim, Marie & Adrienne

We really had fun on Saturday, and it was my turn to choose the project. While it would have been wonderful to pull out sewing machines, or needle and thread, I chose something simple and small.

Debbie couldn't join us, but the rest of the usual group was there. Annabelle came in late, saw what we'd made, and asked to make one, so we showed her how and she finished hers in about twenty minutes. 

May Craft Day Creations

This is a project I've done before and shared on my blog, so you may remember it. These are all pins, except for Kim's which she turned into a magnet. 

The base of each piece is shaped from 1/4" fomecore, and then covered with a piece of single-ply decorative napkin or a pretty tissue paper. They're adhered to the base with a decoupage medium. They can be layered with words, images, or stamps (before or after the paper is adhered). You can see a few of those techniques here.

I'd taken some of my beading supplies, including a box of beads and a bird's nest pendant I'd made years ago. Marie used the bird's nest, which perfectly suited her design. (The birdy image is from a beautiful napkin!) We then proceeded to play with beads, wires and other embellishments.

Once everything was settled and glued, each piece was finished with either more decoupage medium, or a layer of JudiKins Diamond Glaze™. The little owl pieces hadn't completely dried yet in this picture, but it will dry clear and give them a dimensional finish. Pin backs (or a magnet) were glued to the back with E6000 glue.

Kim will be in charge of June's project, and she said it will likely involve wood again. Remember her last rotation was the beautiful "Love" block set? I'm sure she's going to come up with something equally nice, so I'm looking forward to it.

I hope you had a relaxing holiday weekend. Handsome and I stuck close to home, and I baked rhubarb custard pies for us, and for Andy. Shelly's not a fan of rhubarb, so I made a personal apple pie for her. I'm baking bread today (the temperature dropped a little, so it won't get too hot in the kitchen), and will share loaves with them, as well.

I think it will be time for an embroidery update tomorrow. I still have a way to go on it, but I can share my current progress with you. I'm heading to the kitchen for my first cup of coffee, and then it's time to put on my bakery apron. More tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. That's a very cute project, love all of them.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun project and all turned out so differently.
    Must be something in the air because we're eating on a rhubarb custard pie too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! From catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna