June 15, 2022

All That Glitters...

...is a royal pain in the butt! This is the quilt I did as a favor to my sister, Di. The fabric she chose for the backing has a glittery finish, and it "sheds". I've got glitter all over my studio, my clothes, and who knows where else! 

This is a Christmas/fairy-themed piece, and Diana did all the piecing. She's a beginner, and I'm very proud of how she calculated all her blocks and measurements. I've suggested she toss it in the washer and dryer to purge some of the glitter before she gifts it, so the recipient isn't a sparkly mess, too.

Now I can get back to my own projects, and things I want/need to do around the house. Tonight is Handsome's first concert in the park for this season. I'm hoping the forecasted rain doesn't come to pass, so we can be outdoors, as opposed to a large pole building facility at the fairgrounds. Either way, I'll be there to enjoy watching my guy play again. It's going to be a great night, and yes, I'll take pictures to share.

6 comments:

  1. It's a cute quilt though.
    I hope the rain holds off for your concert.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks so much. It is cute, but I've learned my lesson about the sparkles! The storms hit just about concert time. Handsome said the turnout was pretty thin, and truthfully, with tornado watches in effect, I'm surprised they didn't cancel. I'm hoping this isn't the concert season trend this year. Hope you weren't hit hard in your neighborhood.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Ah, but glitter goes with all things Christmas! I agree that it's not so much fun to work with though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      You're right. It does scream "Christmas", doesn't it? I'm putting my foot down in the glittery fabric department. Not doing that again! lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Oh how I love glitter…however hubby hates it and for good reason. I once did a huge glitter project which included glue and not having a studio at the time I used his white 4” tiled kitchen counter. Needless to say the glitter was permanent! When we moved all my glitters I had in antique salt and pepper shakers sitting in a copper tray went missing and were never to be found. Hmmm…hubby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear Sherry:
      I believe hubby is a bona fide scoundrel! I know Handsome might have "disappeared" glitter if I had any. So far, it's confined to my studio, but I told Di, "Never again!" I actually said quite a bit more than that after starting our conversation with "I officially hate you". When I told her why, I thought she'd collapse in laughter. The more faux indignant I got, the harder she laughed. It was quite hilarious, actually. But I'm serious. No more glitter for this girl.
      Big Hugs, girlfriend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna