June 9, 2022

Poppa's Girl...

 
Here's the project I just completed. A young tween is missing the grandpa she lost within the past year. Her grandmother asked me to make a wristlet for her. Granddaughter is more a tomboy than the type who likes ruffles and frills, so this design was more appropriate to remember her Navy-vet poppa. It's in the mail today, so she'll have it soon. 


I'm going to be away most of today. I have a very sad funeral to attend in Portage. You'll remember Adrienne, who hosts our monthly craft days. Her 48 year old husband passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday. He leaves behind Adrienne and their three young children. We're all devastated, and I need to be with them as he's remembered by loved ones and friends. 

I'll be back home later today, and ask that, if you feel so moved, please lift prayers for his family as they grieve, and try to come to terms with his untimely passing. I'll be back with you tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Praying for Adrienne and their entire family. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      Thank you so much for your prayers. I know that Adrienne and her family appreciate them.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. It's a nice wristlet.
    Prayers for Adrienne & her family.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn. It was a difficult day.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. So sorry for their loss... prayers lifted on their behalf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lois. I’ll pass your sentiments along to her.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sometimes words just aren't enough and this is one of those times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MA. You're so right. It was a difficult day, with moments of joy amidst the grief. It was wonderful that we could all be together to support this young mother. I'm so glad I was there.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear about your friend's husband. You know I know exactly how she feels. On a slightly brighter note, I love the idea of the wristlet and hope it brings a little comfort to the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Marrianne:
      I know you can empathize with Adrienne. I'm glad I finished the wristlet so it could be mailed and on its way to the girl whose missing her poppa. I know her grandmother loved it. Thinking of you, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna