January 31, 2019

The Farmhouse Is Calling...

Brynwood Needleworks - "Home" Cushion Available At Jo-Ann Fabrics (Sarasota, FL)
 
"Home" is (for me) wherever Handsome is, but the farmhouse is calling - and I have obligations back at the farmhouse.

When we left Wisconsin together, Handsome and I planned to return this week. However, once we got here and Handsome got back to rehearsals and concerts, those bands asked him if he could finish out the season (through April). Of course, I encouraged him to stay and do what he loves with people he really enjoys.

The only thing was that I had only set everything in Wisconsin on "auto pilot" through the end of the month. There are things that now will require my attention, and I can't handle that from Florida. (I'm missing doing what I love in the studio, too.) 
 
So, I've rented a mid-size SUV, packed up my things and Tag, and we're back on the road as of early this morning. Bella will stay here with my dear husband, as plans have been made for more training days with Mike (Mike Sommers Sporting Dogs).

We've watched the weather, and by the time we arrive back at Hickory Hill Farm, the temperature should be a "balmy" 35º. I'm sure the snow will remain until spring, but I can help the birds and opossums by restocking the feeders, which I'm sure they've emptied by now. I made sure they'd found it before we left.)

I'll stop north of Atlanta late today, mid-Illinois by tomorrow, and home during daylight hours on Saturday...as long as everything goes by the book. I'd appreciate prayers (or good thoughts, if you don't pray) as I make my way across our beautiful (albeit, chilly) country. I'll give you an update tomorrow.

DonnaAcornSignature

7 comments:

  1. Safe travels! As much as I love travelling, especially warm places in the cold of winter, I'm always ready to come home. Perhaps you could bring some warm weather with you as you travel north??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe Travels Donna Dear and Tag. Home Sweet Home needs you and your Tender Loving Care. Handsome will enjoy his music and friends in Florida. You are such a Good Wife. Blessings and Prayers all the way...xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be safe and enjoy your trip home. Give Tag a big kiss from me Belle and Snowball we enjoy your blog and I always read little Tag's Tuesday posts with my girls.

    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that it will be hard for you to leave your Handsome. I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you to have a very uneventful journey! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna