January 16, 2019

Guild Night In Florida...

Brynwood Needleworks - Disconnected Piecers Quilt Guild Annual Meeting Night
 
Goodness, did I have fun last night! I got to see all my dear quilting friends at our guild meeting in Port Charlotte, Florida. I was so warmly greeted when I walked in the door, and wish the night could have lasted at least twice as long!

The guest speaker for the evening was Sharon Ralph, a certified Judy Niemeyer instructor, who showed many examples of her own gorgeous quilts. I'm sharing just a few of my personal favorites in the collage above. Sharon will be teaching Niemeyer techniques to guild members in a two-day class this weekend.

I was able to chat with quite a few ladies, and was pleased to see that the guild has nearly doubled in size since the last time I was there. It was the annual meeting, so new officers were elected. There was also discussion about the next quilt show...scheduled for February 20, 2020...and I'm definitely planning to be there! Perhaps next year, we'll be here a little longer - our usual January, and add February to our stay.

I'm having lunch with my friends, Kathy and Nora (who used to own Sandy's Quilt Shop) before the weekend, so we can have a little extra girlfriend time. I miss the coffee group we used to have on Saturday mornings, and this way I can hear about what everyone has been doing to keep busy.
 
I'm sorry I won't be here for another meeting, so I'll have to settle for online updates to see what the ladies are accomplishing while I'm back in Wisconsin. That will have to do until I see them all again. Seeing all the beautiful quilts, I'm inspired to make my contributions to our charitable quilts for the preschool Headstart and Hospice programs as soon as I get home. I'll get them finished so I can send them south as soon as possible...and look forward to the next time I see my quilting friends again.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely evening and time with your friends. This quilts are stunning! Your weeks certainly are flying by. Adding February sounds right to me. January JOY...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous evening you had with your quilting friends! Thank you for sharing some of the favorites in your collage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna