January 25, 2019

It's Getting There...

Brynwood Needleworks - Upper Right Butterfly Wing Nearly Finished
 
I worked on it for another few hours yesterday. It's slow going, but it's really taking shape, and it's nearly finished. More black silk on the lines, a few colors on the wing edge to embroider, and then filling in with navy blue silk will complete this wing section. I thought I'd be able to say this part was finished today, but I likely won't be finished with it until some time Saturday. 
 
Handsome and I are taking Tag and Bella across the state with us today for an overnight with "Uncle Mike" and his lovely wife. It's his Birthday, so we're tickled to be able to celebrate with them. You can look for that post on Tuesday, as I'll leave it to Tag to tell you all about it (as only he can).
 
I know there will be some pretty cold days ahead for the weekend and next week in Wisconsin. It's even chilly here. Today, we're expecting to train dogs in comfortable 64º sunshine. Don't envy me too much, though. I'm heading back to Wisconsin next week, and Tag and I will be in for a cold dose of reality! I'm going to enjoy this weather while I can.

Enjoy your Saturday, wherever you live. Warm or cold, I hope you have someone who loves you, something to do that you emjoy, and a dream in your heart. See you tomorrow.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. The wing is looking gorgeous! Enjoy your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never embroidered with silk and it looks delicious. I am loving seeing your progress on this gorgeous Butterfly. Uncle Mike’s will be lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna