January 14, 2019

A Lovely Day For Shopping...

Brynwood Needleworks - Shopping Goodies
 
I decided to take a little road trip on Saturday, down to the Englewood, Florida area (more specifically, Rotunda West). I've been watching Julie and her mom through the process of opening their Florida shop, as they closed down their Maine operations, and migrated south. So, I wasn't going to miss stopping in while in the south.
 
I had a few things on my "list" going in, and then found a few more must haves while there. I chose beautiful wools for my stacks at home, and a fabulous applique' work station - covered with a wool pressing mat. I'm looking forward to using it at home.

I purchased a few threads for immediate projects, and a beautiful handmade hook to take home. I added a hoop snugger to make turning wing nuts on my hoops and stands a little easier.

The precut wools on the work station are for a special project, which I'll share once I start working on it. These precuts (and more) are also available in the shop - purchased by weight.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Bonnie Sullivan's "Chrismutts" Wool Applique' Pattern
 
The last thing I purchased was this new Bonnie Sullivan pattern, called "Chrismutts" Bowl Fillers! One of them is a collie, but it looks like a corgi to me. At least, it will when I'm finished with it. I'm also going to make one look like Bella, too. I'll work on this one after I get back to the farm.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Donna and Susan Greening Davis

While shopping, I happened to look across the shop to see a familiar face. My counted thread designer/friend from decades ago, Susan Greening Davis, was shopping, too! I first met Susan when we were both attending and vending at needlework trade shows. Susan is "still stitching", and is a world-renowned instructor. I'm honored and blessed to call her "friend".

She's got a full teaching schedule - heading soon to Paris, France - but she has a home in sw Florida, and we just happened to get to Searsport the same day. Being the good blogger I am, I managed to get a photo of the two of us together, to share with you, before we parted ways. 

She mentioned that she'll be hosting a retreat on Mackinaw Island (Michigan's upper peninsula) next fall. I may have to sign up for that one! We'll see.

So I headed back to our home-away-from-home in the afternoon with a nice assortment of new goodies to take back to Wisconsin, and a smile in my heart, having seen an old friend. What a lovely day, indeed.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day of shopping and reconnecting with your friend. I have never seen or heard of some of your new acquired treasures...I better get out more often and broaden my horizons. Lovely week to you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful assortment of goodies that you acquired! It is always fun to re-connect with old friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna