January 24, 2019

Honoring Your Sparkle...

Brynwood Needleworks - Swarovski Sunglasses
 
Handsome and I were in Sarasota yesterday. A bow on his glasses broke and it had to be repaired or replaced. We've bought our glasses from the same optician for the past sixteen years, so it was a great thing that we were in town when this happened.
 
We found out that his frames were eleven years old, so it made sense to buy a new frame. They had what we needed in stock, so we said we'd wait the fifteen or so minutes for them to switch the lenses over. 
 
I got to try on new frames and just "play" while we waited. As it happens, I forgot my sunglasses in Roxane's car this week, so I went to the sunglasses section just to look. I saw these beauties and was immediately smitten. Remember when my last favorite pair broke? (You can read about them HERE.)
 
Now, understand, these are sparkly! They've got Swarovski crystals imbedded in the frame. I put them on, showed them to Handsome, and he hated them. He said so...multiple times. I just kept them on, giggling about how I loved them. At our house, we have a rule though. If one person says "no", the answer is "no". We agreed to these terms nearly forty years ago, and it's served us well (even if one person is disappointed in the short term). I put them back. I was good with that. No moping or grousing. We talked about what else we'd do when we left, and I "let it go".
 
Handsome's glasses were finished and new, so we were ready to leave, We thanked our friend, who used to own the shop and only comes in once in a while (we lucked out that he was there so we could see him), and I turned to the door. Handsome stopped me and said, "I think you should get them."

I turned around and asked if he was serious. He repeated, "No. I really think you should get them." I kissed him and turned to our friend and asked if he could get my Rx off the glasses I was wearing, because I don't have it with me. He assured me he could, took my glasses in back and took all the information he needed to set me up. He also promised my glasses will be done well before I leave next week.

Now there's a reason I'm telling you this story. I married a man who honors and appreciates me every single day. He loves me just the way I am, and he has a partner who likewise honors and respects him. These new sunglasses are almost a symbol of how he allows me to always sparkle. He's always let me be me, even if he thinks I'm being a little silly.

I know these sunglasses are more "Florida Girl" than "Farm Girl", but it's fun to share my sparkle to others. The best part is that Handsome and I are each other's biggest supporters, and he promotes my inner - and outer - sparkle. I love that.

I think this is a good lesson for everyone - male or female - to share your life with those who bring out the best in you. Share yourself with people who bring out your sparkle. I do, and I'm blessed every day.

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. You and Handsome are such a wonderful couple and you always support one another...Priceless! I am coveting your new Sparkly sunglasses. You look divine in them...saw your photo on FB. Keep sharing your Sparkle my friend...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it...and you both. My Honey would have done the same. We are lucky gals for sure. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that you shared the love, respect and commitment that you both share with one another. I personally love the sparkly!!!! please share a picture at some point :)

    Great testimony of God in your hearts and in your relationship with each other!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna