January 17, 2019

Butterfly Time...

Brynwood Needleworks - RSN Butterfly Project
 
I'm finally getting back to stitching on my stumpwork butterfly from last summer. I'm using the silk threads that Owen (my tutor) and I chose while I was in Kentucky, and slowly working the design in one thread, rather than multiple strands.

The collage above shows you where I am right now (the "fuzzies" on top of the fabric are the knots and tails which I'll cut off as I stitch toward them.) In the process, I'll be anchoring the threads from behind with my stitches.

The lower right hand (colorful) wings are the photo from my pattern, and the upper right image shows you some of the colored silks I'm using in Au ver a Soie and Soie Crystale. They have a wonderful hand, and are a treat to work with. (I know...sentence ending in preposition. sigh)

I'll be working on this project today. You see two wing parts above that will be half the butterfly. Once those are done, I have another two, plus the body to work. I think this may take a little while as I get the hang of it, but I know it's going to be stunning when it's done. I promise I'll continue to share my progress.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing your progress on such a beautiful Butterfly to stitch from silk threads. It looks like a Labor of Love and can NOT be rushed. Blissful Stitching Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna