January 10, 2019

Kenny's New Girlfriend...

Brynwood Needleworks - Sears Kenmore Model 54 (158.540)


When I got to Paneras last night, my friend, Kathy said she had some things to give me. I was surprised. She told me that when our mutual friend, Ellen, moved back to Maryland, she left these things behind to give to me when I returned for a visit. (Did you follow that? lol) Because Handsome got sick at Christmastime last year, our Florida trip was cut short, and I didn't get to see her. Now that we have plenty of time to visit, Kathy could keep her word to Ellen.

Ellen had left her lifelong sewing machine behind to give me to me! It's beautiful, heavy, and came with all its original accessories, book, and even guarantee (and service records)! There are buttonhole attachments, multiple sewing feet, all the cams, bobbins, bobbin cases (new), and tools, too!

She's beautiful! The center trim on the knobs is pearlized lavender that remind me of the pearlized snaps you used to be able to purchase to use on garments and such. I can't wait to sew on her.

Brynwood Needleworks - Ellen's Sewing Chest
 
Then, Kathy said, "This was Ellen's sewing chest, too. She wants you to have it." Seriously?! For me? It's in mint condition, and is filled with her threads, buttons, trims and zippers. Everything will go back to the farm when we return, and then I'll sort through all the treasures she set aside for me to have.

I think I'll turn the cabinet into my stitching cabinet, which will sit next to my favorite chair. I'm going to give "54" a name, and we'll see how she and Kenny get along. It's going to be hard not to have her sitting out all the time, because she's so darn pretty! I'm such a lucky girl.

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Such wonderful gifts from your friend. It speaks very well of your friendship and creative talents that Ellen wants you to have her treasures. I think Kenny will totally be in love! He will want to sew sew sew just to impress Miss 54. You have been very Blessed Donna Dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful!!!!What a blessing Ellen's friendship has been to you!!!! I think you already have a name - 54 or do you know if Ellen had a name for her???
    Have a great time and always prayers for safe travels. I have been following just too much going on to leave a comment - I so love your posts!!!!

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty!! So glad you like vintage machines and shared the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna