January 2, 2019

New Year's Day 2019 - Sick...

Hickory Hill Farm - New Year's Eve 2019
 
This is the weather we left behind when we headed south. Andy sent a picture from his and Shelly's vantage point overlooking our property. It snowed lots right after we drove out to head south.

Web Image - The Beach

This is more like the weather we have in southwest Florida, but I didn't get to see any of it today. That stinkin' cold I thought I fought off last month, reappeared with a vengeance. I spent the day in bed. 

Handsome is a great nurse, making sure I have plenty of water, juice, meds and a dog or two to keep me company. Bella was more attentive than Tag. He only hangs around when I'm sick, if I have food. Boo snuggles up next to me, strategically placing a paw across my leg, so I know she's here.

I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow. Maybe I'll at least put out a lawn chair and get some sun on my bones for a little Vitamin D therapy. Either that, or just shoot me. Yep. That's how crummy I feel. It's definitely not how I planned to usher in the new year!

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Vitamin D Sunshine for sure. Healing Energy and lots of rest Donna Dear. That is so sweet of Bella to comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure hope you're feeling better! Not good to spend your time there sick. Happy New Year, by the way...and I have the same miserable cold. ugh. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna