January 24, 2019

Thinking About Home...

Brynwood Needleworks via BlueBirdEmbroidery.co.uk - Badger

I love Helen Richman's gorgeous embroideries, so I decided to share some of her pieces that remind me of home. The badger is the state animal for Wisconsin.

Brynwood Needleworks via BlueBirdEmbroidery.co.uk - Fox

Little foxes are plentiful in the fields and forests around the Kettle Moraine countryside that makes up the topography of our region of the state. I love their beautiful colors and wise faces. I've seen babies frolicking outside their dens, and it was hard not to stay and watch them for hours. Thankfully, they have lovely warm coats to ward off the frigid Wisconsin weather.

Brynwood Needleworks via BlueBirdEmbroidery.co.uk - Nuthatch
 
Ahhh, the nuthatch. They frequent my bird feeders, which I can't wait to refill to invite them back. It's one of the first things I'll do when I get back in one short week. I hope my two "pet" oppossums are managing to stay warm and find food while I've been away. I'll be putting out meals for them, too, upon my arrival.
 
Helen's gorgeous needlework pieces can be found on her website - Blue Bird Embroidery Company. I've ordered her Stumpwork book, which should be waiting for me when I get home.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing about Helen Richman's embroidery work! New to me and will soon be heading to her website to explore :-).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna