February 1, 2019

Travel Day Number One Finished...

Brynwood Needleworks - Morning In Florida

I left Florida at 8 am yesterday morning. It was a nippy 56º when Tag and I headed north. We thanked our hosts, I kissed my beloved husband farewell, and patted Bella on the head. I missed them before we even got to the highway!

Brynwood Needleworks - Sunset In Tennessee

By 5 pm (ET), I was through Chattanooga, Tennessee, and I spoke with Handsome as the sun set over the Tennessee River. My iPhone doesn't really do the view justice. It was breathtaking (and 45º).


Brynwood Needleworks - Stopping Point For Day One
 
I continued on for another twenty or so miles, putting about six hundred twenty miles on my odometer for the day. I checked into a hotel, went to a local restaurant and took my dinner salad back to my room. After I fed Tag, we settled in for the evening by 7 pm (ET). Bedtime came early.

I'm writing this to post at midnight, so I'm likely already on the road to continue my trip. If things go really well, I'll go all the way home. If not, I'll stop short of the farm for one more night. I'll let you know tomorrow.
 
I just realized it's February 1st. Seriously? It seems time flies faster every year! 
Make every day your best day yet. Hugs from the road...

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Blessings and continued safe travels dear. My prayers are with you every mile as you head home to the Polar Vortex. Thank goodness you have Tag as your co-pilot and companion. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna