February 2, 2019

Looks Like We Made It...

Brynwood Needleworks - Illinois Sunset
 
This is a photo of my last sunset from the road this trip. I stopped three hours short of the farmhouse. I really didn't want to get home in the dark, so I overnighted in Rockford, Illinois. I've traveled with my Corgi nearly 1500 miles, with only two nights on the road.

I'll write more about the last day of our trip for my post on Monday. To tell the truth, I'm a bit tired right now. I'll unload all of the things that were packed in my rental vehicle, then clean and return it to the Milwaukee airport. My Aunt is going to follow me down and then bring me back home (bless her heart). Then, I just want to put on some comfy sweats, make a cuppa tea, cuddle Tag, and rest a bit.

I thank God for bringing me safely home. All I now ask is that He watch over my Beloved and The Black Dog until they're safely back home with us.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. A long journey for one girl and her dog.You must be exhausted.Take a good long rest my dear ,no rush the farmhouse will envelope you in love and warmth.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Road weary is probably an understatement. A nice long rest in your Hickory Hill Farmhouse and you will be good-as-new in no time. So very thankful your trip to the Polar Vortex is almost over. Home Sweet Home...xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You timed your return perfectly regarding the weather. I will be in WI 2/8-19...the temperature will be much higher than it has been. whew. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna